Saturday, March 19, 2011

Daylight Savings is stupid...

Is anyone else having problems getting used to "Spring Forward"?  Holy catoot!  I get the kids in bed, make my evening decaf, browse the internet and look at the clock and it's 11:30 PM.  Or last night, we're watching tv in bed and can't figure out why nothing is on...well, because it's 1:45 AM.  It's like my internal clock is all freaky-deaky now and I'm irritated about it. 

There.  I feel better.  Guess what!!  My Leigh-Leigh is pregnant with a boy!!!  I am so excited for her and her husband, Sid.  They are two of the best people out there on the face of the planet and they are going to make such fun and good parents.  We met Sid and Leigh when Cole was just two years old at a four wheeler race that our husbands were participating in some place in BFE east Texas.  On our way to the race, Scott mumbled something about camping next to a "friend".  Knowing full well we had ZERO friends who raced - and actually only about three friends in Texas, total - I asked him who in the world we were camping with.  More mumbled replies and finally he admits it's someone he "met" on an online racing forum.  I stared at him dumbfounded before the top of my head flew off to release the steam.  You "met" some guy online?  How do you meet a person online?  You don't know this person!  What do you mean we're "camping next to them"?  I'm not camping next to some strangers I don't even know!  Who are they??  We can't take our child and camp next to them!  What if they're weird??  What if they're back woods freaks who live in a swamp??  I can not BELIEVE you would make plans to stay next to strangers...and the rant continued for about 150 miles. 

To make me happy, Scott pulled the RV into a close-by and very fancy RV park, instead of the original camp spot we were to take next to these weird swamp people strangers who I'd never seen.  After we got all situated, Scott drug me kicking and screaming to the race grounds to meet up with his long lost "buddy".  I'll never forget pulling up to them and their camper.  We got out and this tall and good looking blond guy with the biggest and most genuine smile I had ever seen walked up and shook Scott's hand like they were neighbors and talked to me like he'd known me forever.  And then his adorable wife - Miss Leigh - poked her head out of the camper.  It wasn't Leigh that I first saw when she opened that door...it was her tan and dark brown Coach purse that was sitting on the counter just behind her.  Delighted that she was a fellow Coach Carrier, all my worries melted away.  Surely she can't have an amazingly friendly and awful cute husband AND carry a Coach purse if she was a weird freak who lived in a swamp!  One weekend later we were all friends and six years later I'm proud to call her my best friend. 

LOVE YOU GUYS!  Pecan Pye is one lucky little dude!

3 comments:

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh Leigh said...

Ha ha! Believe me, I felt the SAME way. I remember saying something like, "If they're weirdos, don't be mad if I disappear until dinner time!"

I can't believe how much time has passed since that weekend - seems like not very long but it was at least 6 years. Good time, gooooooooo times!

Love ya, friend! Little Pecan can't wait to meet his auntie Stacey!

mp said...

what a funny story! adam is also a member of an online forum (a rockclimbing forum) and started chatting with a guy on there and it turns out he lives in San Angelo!! Adam invited him to a race a couple of weekends ago and now we see him at the Y all the time. He's not a besty yet, but there's potential.

hope you guys had a great weekend!