1. I was sick! All together now, "Awwwweeeeee!". Sunday night around 10:00 it hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't get out of bed for the next 24 hours. I still have no idea what in the world my problem was. But I woke up this morning feeling tons and tons better - not normal yet, but close. But am I ever normal? Hmmm. That's a thought.
2. I received an apology letter from my FIL. Crickets chirping..... I know, I was stunned, too. It wasn't great, it was 8 months late, but it was something. And now the ball is in my court. And while I just want to totally take him to school and slam dunk in his face, that's not how I was raised. I need to be better. Baby steps, that's what this is going to take.
3. I'm convinced Abbey is a gross grown man shrunk down to a three year old girl. She has....shall we say, "wind issues." And she does it ALL the time. On purpose. With total intent to be the loudest, grossest thing you've ever heard. And then just about falls over laughing at herself. And I don't know what to do to get her to stop. I've tried telling her that little ladies don't do that. I've told Cole not to laugh at her when she does...yeah, good luck with that. But mother of pearl, this is approaching epic proportions and I'm at a loss as to what to do.
4. I tried boxed hair dye for the first time in my life. And I liked the results!! I had made my appointment for the first week in March, totally spacing out the fact that the annual Whitesboro Education Foundation Gala is this Saturday. I called my hair guru, Mary, in a panic last week. But she was going snowboarding. Like she deserves a life. Pft. I had roots, baby. ROOTS! And because my husband wanted me to, at the last appointment I had a good deal of blonde put in it. And I just didn't like it. I wanted my red back. So darn it, I got it.
5. I cannot wait for that new show, Parenthood, to come on. It looks like it's going to be so darn funny. And I can already tell that Craig T. Nelson's character is going to be my favorite.
6. And speaking of TV - I'm lost without my Damon. Why in the world is the CW interrupting their schedule until MARCH 25??? I can understand for two weeks because of the Olympics....but 6 freaking WEEKS??? What am I supposed to do with myself? So depressing.
7. My house is a rat hole. Not a literal rat hole, we don't have rats as far as I can tell. And my kitchen is always clean. But there are
8. Scott and I have discovered that we enjoy watching curling. Seriously. It started on Sunday, we were at David and Gayle's house and the boys (David and Scott) were in the kitchen watching the Olympics and the rest of us were in the other room talking and watching iCarly with the kids. I kept hearing hollers and groans erupting from the kitchen. I assumed something exciting must be on. It was USA vs Great Briton...in curling. I totally made fun of them...but an hour later I was still sitting at the table watching. It's addicting, I tell you. And I want a pair of those ice-gliding shoes that they all wear, how fun would that be?
9. Cole is the sweetest kid, ever. Last night I was laying miserably in bed, and Scott kept him away from me in case I was contageous with anything. So, he walks in to tell me good night and turns to walk away, then stops and says, "Can I at least give you a hug?". I grew up in a huggy/kissy family and I'm so glad that my kids are turning out to be the same.
10. After I got started, I seriously considered making this 5 on Tuesday. Man, this was hard! But it was fun. Here's to a great rest of the week, my friends!
4 comments:
I started this too and wanted to stop on Two on Tuesday! Great list! Glad you are feeling better!
Me too! Not because it was hard to come up with ten, but because by the time I'm through, the blog is 17 billion pages long and I know no one wants to read that long a post.
I'm sowwy you're sick! Boo hiss!
As for the letter from FIL, I can't WAIT to hear about THAT!
I, too, use color in a box. Too many highlights have fried my hair so I've been using a glaze every 5 weeks or so. It actually gives my hair high and low lights, I have no idea how.
I HATE cleaning my house. You'd think I have ten kids by the way it looks. My dogs make me sick. Dixie with her stench and hair, Bear with his muddy pawprints.
P.S. Geez Louise, is it all about me? I saw my comment after I posted it and only then did I realize it was me, me, me. Great list! Abbey farting is hilarious and so nothing to worry about. We all fart, why not embrace it? And yes, Cole is precious and so so funny. And Parenthood looks like a total hit. Sort of Modern Family for NBC.
Mrs. Pee requests anew blog posting please. Perhaps entitled ten reasons Leigh should miss the USA. Here's one or two to help you out - the food, oh the glorious American food. Two, contact with friends and family....
Your turn. (Not really, but this girl could use some Stacey updates.)
PS: word verification is conswoop. Sounds like something they serve for dinner here.
Post a Comment