Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Jack Tyler
See that beautiful boy? That's Jack, my two year old nephew. He's also my first nephew and he is my younger sister's oldest baby. Jack Sprat, Jackers, Jack-Jack Attack...with his head full of blonde curls and his ready smile. With his funny little personality and his love of all things Handy Manny and trains and guitars and puzzles. On Monday, we found out that he has cancer. It's called Neuroblastoma, and it's rare. It effects children under the age of five, and apparently most are born with it but show no signs.
So I have a favor to ask those of you who don't already know this. Pray for our baby. Pray that the scan today shows that the cancer is not in his bones. Pray that the doctors will be able to treat him so that he can get back to his trains and his puzzles. At home. Pray that a cure is found for this disgusting disease, so that no more babies have to suffer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Stacy,
I just let Morgan take a slice of pizza to the living room so she could eat it while watching Dora. I would never ever ever in a million years allow this as I'm an anal parent who cares about my carpet's appearance. But I did today because she ran in here right as I was reading this and she asked so politely, and how can I tell her no and make her cry when there are worse problems out there like NB. Who gives a crap about my carpet. I love my baby and I kiss her on her head and thank God at that exact moment for giving me so much that I feel I don't even deserve.
I am so sorry that your sister and you and your whole family has to go through this. I will pray for Jack Jack every single moment that I think of him. Not just at night. When I see another little blondie running around outside, I'll think of him now and I'll say a prayer right then. When I'm cooking dinner at home, I'll think of him and his momma who probably isn't thinking about dinner right now, and I'll say a prayer then too. I'll pray for him every chance I get.
I'm not sure if the link I'm about to paste here will help, I'm a little torn about sending it. While I want you to read about another family's experience, I don't want you to get discouraged either. There is good information and articles though that maybe you haven't read yet so I will go ahead and send this link to you. Maybe some of this information will help, maybe it won't, I'm not sure. You read it and decide. This is my friend from high school: http://austinakin.blogspot.com/ You can read it from the start if you want, click on September 2008 link on the right.
Keep us updated please. I won't be able to get little Jack out of my head now.
I read about Jack on Facebook and I wanted to let you know that he and his family will be in my prayers. I also have a son and he was diagnosed with a brain tumor (DIPG) on September 22,2009. I pray that our children will overcome this horrible disease and that there will be a cure found so that no other child and family has to endure this pain and heartache. May GOD Bless you and your family on this journey and always remember, WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!
Pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray pray praying.
You know I'll do whatever you need me to do, friend!
You dont know me but I read your blog and Little Jack is in my prayers as well as your whole family!
-Lisa
sorry, i have corrections.
1. I meant Stacey, not Stacy. My BFF from high school is Stacy without an E. Sorry missy.
2. I mean to say start from June 2006 on Austin's blog, not Sept 2008. Oops.
Hi Stacey -
I'm Leigh's friend and read about Jack on her blog, and I just wanted to tell you that I am so incredibly sorry about what your family is going through. I will be praying constantly for your precious Jack and have passed the word on to my family here to do the same. I wish we could do more. Big hugs,
Amanda
Praying for your adorable nephew & the comfort of Jesus for your family. My nephew also is battling huge medical obstacles and knowing Jesus holds him in the palm of his hand warms my heart!
Hi Stacey, I'm Marie's friend and read about Jack on her blog. I am praying for little Jack and for your entire family. I pray that he beats this and that your entire family has strength through this whole ordeal. God bless.
-Melissa
Hi Stacey,
I am an old friend of Leigh's and heard about your nephew off of her blog. I too am an aunt of a blonde Jack. Please know that your family and the doctors are certainly in my prayers.
Allison
Post a Comment