There was another happening in my household on March 8. That afternoon I tossed my name in the proverbial hat and am running for Whitesboro ISD School Board. It's official! My signs are now giving our little town some flair. Why am I running? Hmmmm, I'm not really sure. What I am sure of is that there hasn't ever, as far as I know, been a woman on our board. I'm also sure that I care about our schools and our kids and I think it's necessary to bring a Mom's perspective to the boards decisions. I was
Friday, March 19, 2010
...and I approve this message.
I've started and erased about six blogs on here over the past week and a half. What to say? Things are so different for me now. I feel almost guilty telling funny stories and cutting up over the random happenings of my life when my nephew is waging his little war. I feel guilty complaining about silly and non-important matters when my sister has the literal weight of the world on her shoulders. But at the same time, this is the new normal. Life has totally changed in the blink of an eye for us all, and everything is different. This is our new normal. So I guess I had better get used to it, huh?
There was another happening in my household on March 8. That afternoon I tossed my name in the proverbial hat and am running for Whitesboro ISD School Board. It's official! My signs are now giving our little town some flair. Why am I running? Hmmmm, I'm not really sure. What I am sure of is that there hasn't ever, as far as I know, been a woman on our board. I'm also sure that I care about our schools and our kids and I think it's necessary to bring a Mom's perspective to the boards decisions. I waspestered urged by a few friends to run. Honestly, I had no idea there was even an upcoming election. At first I was like...um, no way. But the more I thought about it, I was like...um, why not? Why not me? Why not be the first Mom on the board? Then Scott got on the band wagon and he started in on me, so I was getting it from all angles. And it sounds a little silly, and totally narcissistic, but what changed my mind was in the kitchen one night, Scott turned to look me square in the face and said, "You have to run. They need someone like you." Of course that Kings of Leon song started immediately running through my head, but it was the way he said it that got my attention. And it was like...yes. Yes, I can do this. So I am.
There was another happening in my household on March 8. That afternoon I tossed my name in the proverbial hat and am running for Whitesboro ISD School Board. It's official! My signs are now giving our little town some flair. Why am I running? Hmmmm, I'm not really sure. What I am sure of is that there hasn't ever, as far as I know, been a woman on our board. I'm also sure that I care about our schools and our kids and I think it's necessary to bring a Mom's perspective to the boards decisions. I was
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hopefully you won't have any "chads" like Florida that will be dangling like a booger. And if I could stuff the ballot box, I would. Because you are so bright and grounded and caring that you do need to be on that Board. Your kids will change the world. With direction from mom's like you, it'll be for the better.
congrats! you can totally do this. you are a rockin mom and know what's best for the kids because um hello, you have two of them!
i feel the same way, how can i complain about a black toenail when little Jack is getting chemo. totally changes everything about how you live and complain about huh?
heard that wideawake livestrong song yesterday and thought about your family :)
You will be a fabulous School Board member. I am so proud of you - and in awe of your bravery! Wish I lived there to vote for you!
Post a Comment