Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Meet Sassy Toppers!


So!  In case you aren't my BFF on Facebook - you may not know about my latest brainstorm.  I'm in the process of starting up my own little bidneth.  That's "business" in cool people talk.  It all started about two weeks ago when I had to order a custom hair bow for Abbey to wear to match her flower girl dress for Ashley's wedding.  I don't know about where you's live, but Texas is sorta big on fancy-schmancy hair bows.  Like - there are entire stores dedicated to them.  Anyway, Abbey looked stunning - of course - but I digress.  The bow was cute, but the more I looked at it, the more I thought to myself, "Self, you could have done this and it would have been fabulous, not just cute."  So, Self and I trotted our hiney's over to heaven on earth Hobby Lobby and bought miles of ribbon (half-off sale!!), gobs of glue sticks, sharp scissors, tons of thread and my Very. First. Glue. Gun.  I was packing heat...literally...and I was shaking with excitement.

My first bow took me an hour to figure out, but I was hooked.  I made a few more and the wheels began turning.  See - I'm sorta unemployed right now - so I've got some major time on my hands.  So I started thinking...instead of making these just for Abbey, what if I tried to actually sell them??  Scott, of course, was playing the role of male cheerleader perfectly and helped convince me that I should give this a try.  Honestly - the investment is minimal, so if Abbey ends up with a whole flock of hair bows - so be it.  SO!  I decided to open an online boutique hair bow store called Sassy Toppers Bowtique...Because every outfit needs a Sassy Topper!   I've already got the website parked at GoDaddy, a real live web-mail address, and a cute website in the works.  In about two and a half weeks, http://www.sassytoppers.com/ will be up and running.  In the mean time, you can reach me via email at stacey@sassytoppers.com.   I've been making hair bows like a mad woman; different sizes, styles, shapes, colors.  Some I hated and took apart, but most I have to admit are pretty darn faboosh.  So, in case you were wondering, here's my plan:

I will have several categories in my Sassy Shop....Sassy Toppers - basic to boutique every day hair bows.  Classy Toppers - special occassion, holiday dress-up.  Twin Toppers - matching set for pigtails.  Teensie Toppers - any bow I make, but in a smaller size for your teensie girl.  Clippie Toppers - ribbon adorned alligator clippies.  Mega Toppers - over-the-top in size and sass, these bows are as big as Texas.  Tootsie Toppers - bows and embellishments to adorn Crocs and flip-flops.  Spirit Toppers - sports team bows...College, NFL, school colors, etc.  Custom Toppers - If you can dream it, I'll make it.  Send me a fabric swatch to match a certain outfit, or change up a particular bow I've already got to match your sassy girls style.  Haute Mom Toppers - Every mom is a haute mom.  Especially when wearing our flower hair clips and headbands.  From daring to demure, these toppers will make every outfit haute couture.

I also have a special bow made up called the RainBow for Hope.  This bow is rainbow colored in honor of Neuroblastoma awareness and will sell for a set price of $25.  Proceeds from this bow will go directly to The Jack Morton Foundation.  In addition to the RainBow for Hope, each month I will feature a "Bow of the Month".  This special bow will be limited edition and only be available during it's feature time.  These bows will also sell for a set $25 - proceeds also going to TJMF - and once their month is up, that particular bow will be "retired" and never made again. 




Well, what do you think??!!  I haven't been able to get Scott to stand still for more than three seconds to take good pictures of my bows, so excuse the cell phone pics...

2 comments:

Karen R said...

You are so creative! I love all of the bows. Makes me want to pull an Angelina Jolie and go adopt a pile of little girls so that I can have my own Sassy Girl! The three smart mouths - I mean Sassy Girls - that I gave birth to are too big for these, so I need some teeny people.

mp said...

you seriously made all those bows? are you kidding me? those bows are FAB!!!!!! you've got such a creative little brain there with all your matching colors and ribbons and stuff! seriously the patterns/colors you picked out rock. I hope your website takes off and you have to hire me to make hair bows from home ;)