Tuesday, June 22, 2010

10 on Tuesday!

1.  I sold my Yukon today!  I'm thrilled that we are losing the payment...but sad at the same time.  See, we have too many cars...Scott is a bit of a selfish brat pack rat when it comes to cars...and guns...and four wheelers...ahem.  Anyway, so he has his giant truck and the Jeep - both of which are paid off.  Then we've got the car and my Yukon - both of which have yucky payments.  Well, a friend of ours showed interest in the Yukon and here we are 24 hours later and it's sold.  It was all so fast!!  I got it washed today and cried all the way home.  We've been to Destin twice in it, it's carried me and my babies all over Texas and Oklahoma twice over, and it's hauled a zillion shopping bags.  It's been my very favorite car that I've ever owned and I had every intention of keeping it until it was paid for and then trading it in an another Yukon.  Well...slow business and life got in the way and two yucky payments are too many.  So now we just have the one payment.  Phew.  But boo hoo.

2.  Abbey is going to be a flower girl this weekend!!  Ashley - the greatest babysitter to ever grace the planet - is getting married.  I'm so terrified of losing our sitter happy for her!  Abbey's little dress is totally faboosh and we're having a custom hair bow made up for her to match perfectly!  I'll post loads of pictures.  I just hope she doesn't make any foreign noises going down the aisle.

3.  Scott got a 90% release from the doctor on his knee.  He fractured a bone in his knee about 45 days ago, and we were terrified that he would be forced to quit the fire academy...but his instructors were nice enough to let him sit out on the daily 2 mile runs and other impact exercises until his release.  He's been back to running the past few days but complained today that it hurt again...but more sore than OW!  So, hopefully that's just part of the healing process.  I swear, that would just be our luck...  But we won't think that way, positive thoughts!!

4.  No job for me yet.  So depressing.  I never should have quit Crazy Carol until I found a new gig.  So, I filed for unemployment.  Don't think I'm a slug!!  I've applied for at least 10 jobs, I seriously on my honor have...I am trying to find something.  And I have paid in plenty of unemployment taxes over the years!  I feel like I have to justify it.  Silly, I know.  But, thankfully the unemployment is actually more than Crazy Carol was paying me...so I really don't feel too terrible about it.  Just don't judge me!

5.  I love Deadliest Catch on Discovery - I know, I'm such a boy.  But tonight is the episode where Captain Phil has his stroke and we all know he died!!  I so know that I'll cry the entire episode.  I'm so weird, I know. 

6.  Do you have any idea how hot it is here right now?  Like OMG!  Today I was stupid enough to wear a cool, breezy t shirt dress.  Stupid, you say??  Why, that sounds delightful for a hot day.  Pft!  Except when the car has black leather seats.  Um...yeah.  You can imagine how great that felt!  Even better when my butt started to sweat.  Never again unless I sit on a towel.

7.  Jack is doing great!!  But we've got his tumor X-ray the end of the month...whew boy....  Wait, you haven't heard about him lately??  Well, click here!!

8.  I'm wearing no sleeves for the first time in over 8 years in public on Friday night.  It's my dress for Ashley's wedding.  See, I avoid sleeveless tanks and t's like the plague because I was blessed with arms roughly the size of tree stumps.  Ugh.  Why did I do this?  I'm so stressing it.  I've been trying to get them tanned with the spray stuff.  See, dark means slimmer...right??  RIGHT???  No.  They'll just look like orange tree stumps.  With freckles. 

9.  Nikki is engaged!!!  My little (tall), perfect, sweet, beautiful, youngest sissy is engaged!!  And he's perfect, sweet, adorable and as equally awesome as Nee-Nee is.  Seriously, their children will be freaks of nature, they'll be so gorgeous.  And if they're as sweet and good and kind as their parents are...well then surely birds will chirp around their heads and grass will sprout from their feet wherever they happen to go.  Ok, enough of that.  I couldn't be happier and I don't think that the two of them could have found anyone more well suited for the other.  Soul mates, completely. 

10. Tonight is football sign ups for Cole.  Um...third grade equals pads.  Third grade equals tackle.  Heaven help the unfortunate child who tackles my baby.  I'm just saying.

5 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Ugh - you need to fix your comment section to open in a new window, like Marie has demanded we do but you didn't listen. Now I can't remember what I was going to say. I drew a blank, just like that.

Let's see. I'm sorry you're so sad about the Yukon. I didn't realize you were sad and then I text you 'Yay!' when it sold. Great friend I am. But, a car is just a car. It's the family, the vacations, the memories - not the car itself. Right? What do I know?

Your arms are going to look fabulous in that dress, so shut it! Is it the one you sent me a pic of? Or did you buy a different one? Just remember that everyone is so worried about how THEY look, they're certainly don't have the time or energy to stare at Stacey's perfectly normal sized arms and then MORE time and energy imagining them to be the tree stumps you think they are. People will see you, think, "Oh, she looks nice!" and move on to talking about the hussy in the hot-pink miniskirt. Or Uncle Timmy who keeps flirting with the bridesmaids. (Disclaimer: If Ashely really has an Uncle Timmy, he most certainly is NOT a pervert. I made THIS Uncle Timmy up.)

Abbey will be stunning! Can't wait to see pics!

I can't remember what else I was going to say, so right now go and change your settings.

OH! Did you get my text earlier? Not exactly the right venue to ask such questions, but I'm here and I'm typing and I'm incredibly lazy so don't make me get up and get my phone, mmkay?

Anonymous said...

I just love reading what you have to say! I can picture you saying these things and how you're saying it and it makes me laugh! And I agree with Leigh... quit it about your arms!! Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!!

Bobbie said...

We had planned on getting a new Suburban or Tahoe this fall, but decided that our 2002 Suburban was just fine - and it is, but I was a little bumbed. But, like you, I realized that posessions are just posessions - what's important is our family and friends who love us. And, you have lots and lots of those! Love you, Momma B
ps Just think with all the $$$ we have saved not having those luxury cars - and payments - we can go on another Alaska cruise - maybe next year!!! Up for it?

Bobbie said...

And, the udder thang that is impotunt is speling. Jus how minnie s's does posesion need anyway?

mp said...

dude my mom couldn't find a job for like ever and had to do unemployment too. she was kinda sad when she did finally find a job.

yay for engagements! now abby will be another flower girl in another wedding! so popular that little girl will be!

you will always be like "remember that yukon we had that was like another child of ours. man i miss that car. she sure was good to us though."

yay for doctor release! hope it continues to get better!

thanks for changing your set up, now i can scroll up and down and remember what i wanted to comment about :)

xray is tomorrow right? the 28th? well i just go on over and double check.

p.s. my word verification is rehessel, like someone is drunk and at a wedding and was talking about their dinner rehearsal but slurred their words!