Tuesday, October 5, 2010



I started hell P90X yesterday.  In case you don't know what it is, it's a very intense 90 day home workout that includes several discs of several different types of workouts - such as cardio, yoga, resistance, core, arms/shoulders, etc.   The results that I've seen for myself on people I personally know are insane...and lets face it folks, I've got to get myself whipped into the best shape of my life.  And soon.  "Why", you ask?  A little event called Nikki's Wedding, that's why.  A little strapless bridesmaid dress, that's why. 

Yesterday I did the arm/shoulder routine and today I did the cardio.  Sore isn't exactly the correct word that I'm searching for.  It just doesn't do this feeling justice.  Agony is a bit closer, but still not exactly correct. 

After today's session, I went to the bank drive-thru and attempted to lift the plastic tube thing out of it's holder.  Notice I said, "attempted".  At that moment, a plastic tube that weighs about 16 oz, felt as though it weighed roughly 347 pounds.  I actually groaned while I lifted the tube out of the holder.  Leaning up to press the "Send" button was sheer torture.  And don't get me started on turning the steering wheel of the car.

As a pure statement of fact, my left pointer figer is literally cramping as I'm typing this blog. 

But I'm not going to whine and moan about this.  Know why? 

Because by Halloween I will not only feel better but I will be able to see a difference in me and how my clothes fit.

Because by Thanksgiving I should have lost roughly 18 more pounds and dropped two clothing sizes.

Because by Christmas I'll be a new me.

So I'm thrilled for the soreness.  I'm excited about the pointer finger cramping.  I am going to do this.

2 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Of course you can do it!

And be sure to give us regular updates so we know how quickly we all need to rush out and buy it!

mp said...

good for you! Adam and I have actually started and never finished P90X about three times now. We even went out and bought a little doorway pull up thingy and stretchy bands. isn't the main guy like totally weird and hilarious? he cracks me up.

yes, keep us updated so that you'll have to keep it up! can't wait to hear your results!

p.s. two people are in the ER fighting for their lives here in San Angelo because they were doing P90X together and dared one another to see how many lunges they can do. A 17 year old did about 1800 lunges and his friend did 1300. Neither one of them could move, literally move the next day and when you over use your muscles that much, they break down and release too much of, too much of, dang it, I forgot, but now their kidneys are not working either because of how much damage they did to their leg muscles. So anyway, be careful, don't over do it too much, k?