I haven't felt like blogging lately...in fact I haven't even THOUGHT about blogging lately. Sure, I still read my favorites...but I just never felt the need sit down and write anything.
Well, I'm going to start again. I really have missed it, now that I think of it! There's something very cathartic about writing down your thoughts, even if they only make sense to you...and I need that feeling back.
So, early this morning (4:30 to be exact) while I was up with my little sick baby girl, I decided to get back into gear. First things first, I had to streamline the look. I'm not really a birds and flowers sorta girl and I was plain sick of looking at my own background. You like the new one? It's certainly nothing special, but I wanted to keep things simple.
Where has the time gone? In a flash 2010 was over, and frankly I hope the door hit him in the ass on his way out. 2010 was awful. To be perfectly honest, it was the worst year of my life. While I realize that I have my family and I am very appreciative for everything that I do have...I couldn't help but just throw my hands up and holler at the sky, "Really??!!" The year started with a terrifying, unheard of, and certainly unwanted diagnosis, brought the crash and burn finish to a business, sprinkled on a few money problems for good measure, and finished it off with a heaping dollop of heartache and stress.
Dramatic? Well, maybe a tad. And with those awful, yucky, I-want-to-kick-them-in-the-face gross things that happened last year...there were plenty of exciting and happy times...
Scott graduated from fire academy and EMT and realized a several year old dream of his
Cole's football team went undefeated (first time in 21 years, thankyouverymuch) to win their Super Bowl
Abbey started preschool
My youngest sister got engaged to her true soul mate
My middle sister taught me patience and immeasurable strength and probably doesn't even realize she did
Our family was given a brand new gigantic and sweet new nephew/grandson/son
I was a part of two amazingly successful and uplifting fundraisers that benefited our Jack
My eyes have been opened to the goodness and kindness of strangers and friends, alike
Jack received his first NED results
I planned for and realized a personal dream of mine and opened my own little business
I read a lot of books
We spent Christmas surrounded by the people I adore
I finally got an iPhone
A wonderful friend received a life-saving transplant of a new kidney and pancreas
And many, many more
2011 has dawned as a much kinder version of his predecessor. He's brought a renewed sense of self and of life, in general. While I certainly don't know what all is in store, there are several things I do know that are in store: The year will bring a first birthday, a very special fourth birthday for a very special little superhero, a fifth birthday and a ninth birthday. It will bring my thirty fifth birthday (yikes!!). It will bring 13 years of marriage to Scott and I. It will bring a long-overdue vacation. It will bring new babies for two special girlfriends in my life. It will bring the event of the century, commonly known as Nikki's wedding.
And as for what I hope for: I hope for continued NED results for Jack. Scratch that. I actually hope, pray and beg for that. I hope Scott gets recruited on to the fire station of his dreams. I hope certain doors will close and new ones will open. I hope for laughter. I hope for continued weight loss (see event of the century). I hope for lunches with girlfriends. I hope for a cleaner house. I hope for a return of sanity to Laurie and Zac's life. I hope I hit the Mega Millions. I hope my little Sassy venture continues to grow and prosper. I hope my dogs suddenly stop shedding on the floor. I hope Mexican food is suddenly deemed healthy. I hope for health for everyone I love and for all who long for it. I hope for a cure.
I hope I don't forget to blog anymore.
4 comments:
Yay! Stacey's back! Doing a little stacey's back dance over here.
I love this post!
Yay, you're back!
Lots of prayers for NED for Jackeroni!
Glad you are blogging again. Facebook is great, but the blogs are the best. I hope all your dreams come true in 2011! Let's pray for a good year!
I'm glad you're back, too. I always enjoy reading your posts. love you, Mom
Post a Comment