Dudes...my last post was SO LONG ago! Have I been just so terribly busy? Nope. Have I had computer issues keeping me from blogging? Nope. Am I a lazy turd? Ding, ding, ding!! We have a winner!
So...what have we been up to? We officially hit the six month anniversary in the new house, and I have to say that this is a great house. I love the size, the yard, the space, the storage. It's a great, great house.
I've been pretty much a stay at home mommy the past six months. The preschools out here are crazy expensive, like insultingly expensive, guys. In Texas, Abbey went five days a week from 8 am to 3 pm and they fed her lunch and two snacks per day. The cost? $90 a week. A WEEK. Here? Well, five day a week preschool is pretty much impossible to find. And when you DO find it...well it's more like $200 - $250 a week. Most common is three days a week, 9 am to noon. I know, what a terribly long day. How do the children handle that marathon of school hours? Yep, NINE whole hours per week. And what does that cost me? $400 a month. For 36 hours of daycare and no snacks provided, I get to pay them $400 a month. Needless to say...no preschool for Abbey. Because of her birthday being a month past the kindergarten cut off, we had to wait until this fall for her to enroll. She's beyond ready to start school, and I can only pity the kids and teacher when Miss Abbey blows into town. They really won't know what hit them at first.
Cole is doing so well. He's been on the honor roll this entire school year and really enjoys his new friends and his teachers. He plays football year round out here, and to say it's a different experience from the way Texas football was done is a huge understatement. There is a reason the Bearcats are back to back Superbowl Champs...and this team hasn't ever won a game. That reason is coaching. But that's a whole 'nother blog post, ya'll... The main thing is that Cole enjoys it, the team is full of boys from our neighborhood, and it's great exercise for him...so all in all I can't complain too much. Except the team moms here are SO RUDE. OMG. Again...another blog post.
Scott and I are doing good. We just got back from our annual Cruise of Awesomeness with our friends, and we're already ready to go again. Like tomorrow. I'll do a post with pictures next time, I promise! But it was awesome and we went ahead and booked for next March again. Only eleven months to go!!
I have totally enjoyed being a stay at home mom and having not much to do other than keep the house clean and take care of the kids...but I've been feeling funky lately. No real reason...just blah. Then recently I was emailing with my bff Leigh, and I sort of accidentally answered my own problem...I've got nothing to do. I have no routine. I'm bored and that's my problem. I don't go to the gym, I don't have standing lunch dates with friends, I don't really do anything....no wonder why I'm all funky! Duh!!! So, fast forward to this past Sunday. Scott and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking about budgeting and money...I know right? Scott is aware of budgets! It's a miracle!! Anyway, so we were talking about stuff and the crazy cost of childcare vs me finding a part time job (before and after school care thru the school is $26 per day per child...you do the math) and Scott said, "Too bad you can't find something where you can work out of the house..." I happened to be on AZCentral.com reading some news and I saw their "Jobs" tab, so I clicked on it. I was redirected to CareerBuilder.com for the Phoenix area. In the keyword section I typed, "work from home". BAM! One job popped up...just one. GE Capital is hiring part time work at home credit application analysts. So I clicked apply. Monday morning I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview for Tuesday morning. Completed the phone interview and Tuesday afternoon I received an email asking me to schedule an in-person interview for Wednesday afternoon. THAT FAST! I had my interview and all I can say is that I will be shocked if I'm not offered the position. It went THAT well. The hours are insanely perfect, the pay is crazy good...it's like it was meant to be! I'm still in shock. So...I was told that it could take up to two weeks to get my offer, but the two girls interviewing me kept saying, "WHEN you start" and "WHEN you receive your offer". Oh, and they asked me if I would ever consider a full time position! That's a good sign, right?? While I'm not looking for full time at the moment (remember $26 per day per child), my answer was, "I would have to look at all the facts and details that came with the full time offer and make my decision based on details at that time." I know...I was pretty impressed with me, too. So...keep your fingers and toes crossed for me. The extra money will be great, but I think the structure and routine will be just as great for me, personally.
Well, enough of the routine catch up. I'll post more tomorrow.
For those of you who follow Jack, he's doing great!! You can click on his cute picture on the left and follow his blog that Laurie writes. It's pretty inspiring, guys.

1 comment:
Yay! Stacey is back! I can't wait to hear about the job offer!
P.S. My word verification is "Pecifien Ducho." It's Portuguese for "The Job is Yours." (Not really, people, geez - it was a joke.)
Post a Comment