So as I talked about in our last edition, I was applying for a great work at home job. It all was happening so fast and going so well! Sunday morning I applied, Monday morning I was invited to a phone interview. Had the phone interview Tuesday. Was invited to a in-person interview. Had the in-person interview Wednesday. It went amazingly well. These two girls LOVED me, if I do say so myself. Told me "when you start May 7"..."when your training course begins"..."Your schedule will be". They asked me cleverly-worded interview questions and I answered them all perfectly, the girls bobbing their heads "yes" as they furiously wrote down my every word. I didn't utter a single "um" or "uhhh" as I was carefully thinking of my intelligently-worded answers. I left walking on a cloud. This job was mine. Perfect hours, perfect location (my office in my house), perfect work clothes (my pj pants). Thursday morning I received my rejection email. Wait...huh??? Yep...a generic "thanks for applying, but you don't qualify to work with us because we're awesome and you suck" email. Sadly, it went to my junk email (ironically where it belonged) and I didn't see it until Easter Sunday morning. So what did this independent, strong, confident girl do? I cried. Then I had two vodka tonics. Later in the day...not Easter morning. Just had to clarify that. Then I got over it and I had a great day at my sisters with my awesome family and equally awesome friends, who really are turning into family, as well.
Fast forward to Monday morning. And guys, this happens to me ALL the time. This being, I got a feeling to look at something random. This always happens to me. I get these funny feelings and I like HAVE to follow through with them. I know, I should have my own show on TLC. Anywho, on a random whim I pulled up the Chandler ISD website and looked at their external job openings. Don't know why, but something told me I should. Holy moly, it was like Christmas morning! Except it was the day after Easter...so that isn't right. But you get the idea! It was job posting HEAVEN! Apparently half of the district's support staff is either moving away, quitting, or retiring after this school year because there were SO MANY jobs posted. And the funny thing is they were all just posted either Monday or Friday and they all close this Friday...so it was like it was meant to be! I applied for four positions at four different schools in the district, all less than nine miles from my house. The pay is outstanding, the positions range from attendance clerk to administrative assistant positions that report to the Principal. The hours...perfect. The vacation...almost the same days as my kids. I know, right?
It's amazing to me how things sometimes come together. One door got slammed in my face (with no explanation, and that really irks me) but four new doors opened and the angels were singing and the door frames were glittering with promise and opportunity and MORE MONEY!
Obviously I'm beyond thrilled with these new opportunities. And honestly, these are better jobs. I was leery of a full time position (remember $26 per day, per child??), but the hours for this job would be almost the same as school hours, and I would be home on most break days (not all, there are obviously office days while students are off), but I can work something out with someone, I'm sure. Ahem...Laurie....I know where you live.... Kidding. Sort of.
So...help me out a little, my friends. Say an extra prayer for this here job huntress.
I'm so perfect for working at a school office, am I right?
2 comments:
those jobs are yours! they are not gonna know which one to give you because that's how awesome you are! hope you get interviews for all those positions and rock those schools socks off.
p.s. there's always subbing too. may as well get on that list and sub at all the schools.
p.p.s glad you are back. now i just need to get back.
p.p.p.s i love that you drank some vodka easter afternoon.
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But yay for new opportunities! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment