I'm getting pretty excited! I just logged in to Royal Caribbean and it told me that I depart on my Alaskan cruise in only 48 days. 48 DAYS!!!! And it also reminded me that we booked it January 11. That was forever ago, in doggy years! I can't wait to step on that beautiful ship with my family and my wonderful friends. No, excited doesn't begin to describe it!
Anyway, how have you all been lately?? I've been good! We had a little bit of excitement around here on Friday afternoon. As most of you know, my little man fractured his wrist bones in PE. (No Nikki, not in pee, in PE...) He's been such a little trooper all weekend! He hasn't complained once about his sling. Hasn't complained a bit about any pain and only wanted to take Tylenol twice. I know for a factoid, if I had fractured my wrist?? Well, I'd probably be on the floor in the fetal position asking for my Mommy. Tomorrow we visit the orthopedic surgeon for a consultation and a review of his ER X-Rays (standard with a kid when growth plates may be involved), and he gets on a permanent hard cast. I think he'll be thrilled to be out of that sling, he's got to be just sick of it. Well, I am assuming that the doctor will take him out of the sling. Cole is having a hard time choosing which cast color he's going to ask for. He's gone from white to camo (at Carly's suggestion) to orange and has now settled on black. I'm hoping to talk him out of the black - people can't sign a black cast!!
Saturday I had a delightful day with Leigh shopping at Watters Creek and eating a yummy lunch at Blue Fish. It sprinkled on us on and off, but we could have cared less. I got some great things, too. It's amazing what a little shopping can do for a girls mood!!
Saturday night we gathered at Gayle's house for a fight party. Getting together with everyone was so much fun, and as usual Gayle and David had enough food to feed an army. One of the appetizers they had was called sweet chicken bacon wraps that they saw Paula Deen make once on her television show, and the recipe is here. Trust me, it's fabulous.
Today Scott was off to a class in Waco, so I used the time at home to tackle the playroom. You have NO IDEA how much crap I bagged up to throw away, give away, whatever. The key word is AWAY. We really need to take the house one room at a time, spring clean out the crap we don't use and do some minor touch ups on the house. I'm getting really tired of looking at the same stuff every day. Same couch, same picture on the wall, same flower arrangement, same knick knacks. I wish I could go away for about a week and come home to fresh paint on the wall, a new couch in the living room, new carpet in Cole's bedroom. It could happen, right??
5 comments:
dude, let him get a black cast and then you can get silver and gold sparkly marker pens!
yes it can happen, just let Leigh stay behind when you go on the cruise and let her decorate your house for the week. she won't mind will she?
Oh Marie, Marie, Marie. I love Stacey dearly, but stay behind and redecorate her house? Not. Gonna. Happen.
Alaska here we come! Can you believe it? 47 days!
Hope Coley gets a cool cast today!
I just read Marie's remarks and was going to say the same thing! Let him get the black cast and get a silver marker pen from the craft store. Very cool. I'll even draw a skull on it when I see him Mother's Day. I hope it doesn't look like an M&M.
Alaska will be glorious. Oh, the fun we'll have. Oh, the food we'll eat. Oh, the goofy shows we'll laugh at every night. Oh, the people we'll make fun of. Oh, the coffee drinks we'll have. Oh, the karaoke we'll perform (scratch that one). I'm too excited to schleep.
Mom's comment made me laugh! Someone was craving a little caffeine! A cruise to Alaska and it's the coffee you're craving!?!? What about glaciers, mountains, whales, bear, sitting on our balconies in the morning, hiking, shopping, spa'ing! Woo hoo!
P.S. Mom, I get it. Alaska = cold = sitting on balcony with a cup of joe/sitting on deck at night with an Irish coffee. De - to - the - licious!
Post a Comment