Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rockstar


I'm not sure why - and not that this is out of the ordinary - but I'm feeling ushy-gooshy over my husband lately. Maybe it's because our anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, eleven years, thankyouverymuch. Maybe it's because I'm almost a year older - knocking on 33's door. Maybe it's because I'm in virtual awe of his inner strength of late, even with all that is going on. But frankly folks, he is my rockstar. And I know that he's going to be strutting around like a rooster on steroids when he reads this, but I don't care.

Maybe we should all take more time out to tell our "significant other" how much they rock. Don't we all like hearing that from time to time? "Honey, you rock." "Thanks! You know what, you rock, too!" "Well, thank you!!" And wouldn't that just make your day?

So instead of boring you with all the details of my weekend, I'm going to brag a little about Scott.

I met Scott when he was barely 19 and I was 20. We were introduced by my, at the time, boyfriend. Needless to say, I took one look up at Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome and looked across and depending on what shoes I was wearing, sometimes down, at Mr. Short Moody Momma's Boy, and I saw the light. And if you can't guess, that light wasn't coming from Shorty. About a week later Scott and I were attached at each others' hip, and a year and a half later, we were married. Yes, we were married very young. In fact, Scott wasn't even old enough to drink at our own wedding reception. He was three months shy of 21 and I had just turned 22 four days before the ceremony. Looking back, I can't even fathom why my parents agreed to let their daughter get married at such a young age - but they did, and we were just fine. We made some stupid decisions, we had ups, we had downs, but we stuck it out and here we are now. Two kids and over 12 years later he still makes my heart flip when he laughs. Which, thankfully, is a lot. We laugh a lot, we fight a little, but we always seem to get where we want to go together.

And speaking of kids - can you just call him SuperDad? Seriously, that guy couldn't be more hands on, more over the moon in love with his kids. He shows them too, grabs them for hugs and kisses, constantly tells them he loves them, rolls on the floor and plays with them all the time. Supah Dupah Dad.

And know what? He's pretty darn cute, too.

3 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Go Scotty, Go Scotty. Go, Go, Go Scotty!

P.S. If you love him so much, why don't you marry him?

mp said...

awww...it makes me so happy to hear that couples that have been married that long are still in love. and truly in love. like how he makes your heart skip still. that kind of love.

adam and i will be married 8 years this year and i still get giddy when i hear his key in the doorknob :)

Karen R said...

I let you get married so young so that Shorty wouldn't have the option of returning. Just kidding. I KNEW I wanted Scott in our family and this was the easiest way to accomplish that. He was too old for me to adopt.