I was driving down the road today, listening to my favorite songs on my iPod. Sleep by My Chemical Romance came on, and Cole hollered from the back seat to turn it up, it's his favorite song. Good choice, kid. It's my favorite song, too. So I turned it up and we sang along, off key but proud. When it got toward the end of the song and the music slowly crescendoed to the big hoorah at the end, I got goosebumps. Just as I do every time I hear it. Of course, this is one of many songs that do this for me: Time to Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli, the Ave Maria, 'Round Here by The Counting Crow's, In Your Eyes by Peter Gabrielle...so many. I got to thinking of other things that are currently giving me those chilly bumps:
The "Bella trying to get to Edward in the Piazza" scene that was leaked online. I've watched it time and time and time again. For those of you who live in under a rock, I'm talking about Bella and Edward of New Moon and her race to try and get to Edward before he reveals himself to the public, showing off his sparkles (shut it, April) and guaranteeing his certain death. The current filming of my next favorite movie of the same name is going on now and these are still photos of the filming of this emotional scene. Here it is... I seriously get all teary eyed every time I watch it, which is about seventeen times a day.
Watching the season premier of Jon and Kate Plus 8. It wasn't a good goosebump, either. It's very sad to watch their marriage crumble and to wonder what will happen with all of those children. They can't simply give up, which is what it looks like is going to happen. He's digging in his heels and she is digging in her heels and together they are going no place.
Scott. I won't elaborate on why he gives me goosebumps because my Mother is reading, but he's the bestest in the westest.
Day dreaming of my upcoming vacation of a lifetime. Words just can't describe the excitement!!
My total and consuming pride that I feel right now for Cole and his accomplishments on his standardized testing. This little guy really knocks my socks off. And that says a lot, since I never even wear socks!
The amazing deals that I've found shopping the past few days! Five fall/winter type shirts from Target for the cruise - on clearance for $38. Total. For all five. And yesterday evening at Ann Taylor LOFT I got a pair of jeans, a linen tunic and two cardigans for $50. Is there anything better than the sheer joy that a good sale brings? I really can't think of much.
4 comments:
I'm with you on all points - well, except the Scott one - wouldn't know about that. C U real soon!!!!
oooh that clip was good! i hadn't seen it yet. i live under a rock.
Wow - you've had a lot of goosebumps! Lots to be happy and excited about! Not much longer!!!!
Bring your iPod. I need to listen to that song. And will look at the clip, which I haven't done yet. And in my opinion Jon & Kate don't have an option to divorce. They made a decision to have all those kids and that means raising them with a mom and dad. Unless alcoholism or abuse, no divorce. I read where Jon said he can't be just himself, he's always Jon & Kate Plus 8. Well boo hoo. I'm not Karen the college party girl anymore. I'm now Mom and Nina/Nana and couldn't be happier.
Post a Comment