Friday, May 8, 2009

Wheeeee-hooooo!


I'm doing my happy dance - which in my current chubbified state is pretty horrid to watch - but I'm still doing it. And why, you ask? Because we're going to Arizona in the morning!! How do you like me now, suckers? It's going to be SO GREAT to get out of here for a few days, soak up some DRY heat (what is the deal with this humidity??), and soak up some family time. We will be leaving our house at the crack of dawn to make our 8:15 AM flight - which just reminded me, I can check in online now!! BRB.....

...Ok, got it. All ready now!




Happy Birthday Jack!!

We arrive in sunny Phoenix at 9:06 AM and will have to make a mad dash to Laurie's to get there with time to spare for Jack's 2nd birthday party. This kid is getting some birthday event! Traveling petting zoo, a guest list of over 50, great food! As usual, Laurie is like an OCD pit bull when it comes to planning an event (and you just shut up - I realize that I, too, get carried away occasionaly...), so I can't wait to see all the little details that she's come up with.


Shawn, Nikki and Shawn's sister

It's going to be a little bit of a sad weekend, as well. Nikki is MOVING! She's MOVING TO IDAHO!!! It's really a good thing. Her and Shawn are about five seconds away from getting engaged and she's ready to get out of AZ and start something new. Scottsdale is really turning in to a little Malibu - complete with idiot Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton wannabe's everywhere you look. It's disgusting at times, so I'm glad that she's getting a little tired of the whole scene. They will be in Idaho until the end of the summer when he graduates from his two year stint as an electrical lineman apprentice, and then they plan to relocate with Laurie and Zac to...get ready for it....Maui. Yes, seriously. I guess that it's difficult to get linemen to Maui - um, ok?? - and Zac and Shawn's previous supervisor is currently overseeing a crew there and asked for the two of them to come down after they graduate. What an opportunity for them! Maybe I need to strap on my tool belt and pole climbing cleats and head to Maui...

Laurie lined up a sitter for tomorrow evening so all of us adults can go out and have a nice dinner together and also has reservations for us to have Mother's Day breakfast together at a cute little restaurant that's close to their house.

Mom and I are also wanting to squeeze in some pre-cruise shopping after the party, during nap time...

Hope you all have a great weekend. Hope all you mother's have a great Mother's Day. Hope all you kids get your mother's something good. They deserve it for putting up with you all these years...

2 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Have so much fun and travel safe! Be sure to take lots of photos!

Happy Mother's Day!

mp said...

sounds like you had a great time this weekend!