Those of you who know me - and since about six people read this, that means everyone - know that Scott and I have had an especially stressful and trying past few weeks. In case there is someone reading who doesn't know the details, rest assured the problems aren't between Scott and I. We're great. But I've learned a few things over the past few weeks and since I am having serious bloggers block, I decided to write them down.
1. My family ROCKS. I knew this already, of course, but when you are forced to deal with the extreme opposite end of the spectrum, things become crystal clear. Happiness, laughter, love and smiles are always there.
2. Listen to your friends. They have your best interest at heart.
3. Be careful who you trust. Sadly, some people aren't always out for your best interest.
4. Always trust your instincts. If something "feels" off, it probably is.
5. Have faith. I keep telling myself that this is all happening for a reason, and I know that I'll be shown that reason soon.
6. Do your best to let go. Worrying about things and people you cannot change will get you no where.
7. Home is where your heart is. Not necessarily where you live.
8. In times of turmoil, a person's best and worst come out. Do your best to make sure that your best outshines your worst.
9. Rise above. Don't be drug down to another's level.
10. Count your blessings. Chances are they'll add up to many more than you thought.
4 comments:
Great list. Universal truths.
True dat! Especially the part about friends being insanely wise - or however you put it. :-)
love them all, great list!
Ummm. I'm getting a little sick of looking at this old blog. Hey, I've got an idea! Why don't you write a new one?
Post a Comment