Friday, October 30, 2009

Announcements

Each and every single day, things that I would rather remain silent are instead, loudly announced. Loudly announced both at home and in public places. I'm not sure why these little instances are something to be proud of, but apparently they are. It's difficult to drill into the kid's head that not everyone wants to know about these little....instances...yet the announcements keep coming time and time again like I never said to knock it off in the first place. The louder the...instance...the louder the announcement. It's like a little internal game...how loud can I get THIS time? How irritated and disgusted can I make Mom?

"Mom!!!! Did you hear that?? I farted!!"

"Mom!!!! Did you hear that?? I burped!!"

"Mom!!!! Did you hear that?? I farted AGAIN!!"

"Mom!!!! Did you hear that?? I burped just like Dad!!"

Abbey is such a little lady.

2 comments:

Karen R said...

OMG. Abbey? My sweet little girl? She'll be the girl that'll put the boy in a headlock and say "you're going to the prom with me." At least I hope she'll want to dance. Jeez. Maybe you should enroll her in some girly stuff. She's surrounded by too much testosterone.

mp said...

i thought you were talking about cole! how funny! tanner is the same way, she has no shame and will rip them loud and pretty much anywhere.