We signed the contract on the sale of our duplex about an hour ago! For those of you who need a bit of a background story: In 2005 we built a three bedroom/2 bath/one car garage (each side) duplex to rent out and make some extra money off of. Well, it's been nice, but the last two years have been difficult...rising property tax rates, rising insurance rates...blah blah blah. All of that added up to less and less profit. Throw in a slow paying tenant from hell, and we're in the red. So, after seeing how much we owed on it (hardly nothing!!), we decided to put it up for sale. Nine days later...yes 9!!...we are signing a contract for a cash offer, baby! We're closing in 20 short days. And after those 20 days we'll be dancing to the bank knowing that this giant stack of bills will soon be gone!
This, my friends, is a huge answer to our recent financial worries. We'll be able to get out from under some large company bills that have been looming (crushing my very soul) for the past six months. Plus - we'll have a nice chunk left over for a personal safety net. This was my second biggest answered prayer (the first one will be answered when Jack is pronounced cancer-free) ever in my life. I feel like dancing around. Heck, I HAVE been dancing around. We celebrated with mimosas as we were signing with the Realtor this morning!
I swear, I just feel like...FINALLY!! Something has gone in our favor. I'm sure we'll know the answers to all of this mess that we've been dealing with some day, but for now I'll just take my little signed contract and boogie till the cows come home.

2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
sooooooo happy for you. 9 days! crazy!
Post a Comment