1. I start my new part time gig on Monday! I'm excited about it, but a little nervous. A plus?? I'll be in Sherman three days a week, know what that means? Panera for healthy lunches! Hopefully it'll help me on my journey to whittle me-self down to the hot little thang I was before Abbey was born. Which leads to...
2. I started (again) the journey to whittle me-self down to the hot little thang I was before Abbey was born. Seriously folks, our health is something that many of us - me! - take for granted. No mas, my little schnookums. Good health is something that I will never take for granted again. And I'm sticking with it this time. So...I'm announcing here today, I want to lose 35 by the time I turn 35. Yes, that's a steep order. And yes I haven't weighed that little since we got married, but lose 20 by 35 doesn't really have as much oomph as 35 by 35, you know? So! I've got a whole stinking year to do it. Plus - the education foundation that I am Madame President of is going to be hosting a 5k Fun Run in September - and I'm going to run in it. I have to! It's my civic duty. I started my lifestyle change yesterday and my legs have already begun their revolt against me, but they can get over it.
3. We got an offer on our duplex!! A CASH offer, no less! We accepted it and we should receive the contract this morning. Barring no hiccups, we should close in three weeks. This is huge for us right now financially, and I feel as though the concrete block that has been parked on my chest for about six months now is starting to lift off. I of course don't want to jinx anything, but I can't help but feel giddy about this gigantic answered prayer.
4. Scott is officially a hairless wonder. Yes, he finally joined Jack, Dad, Zac and Shawn and shaved the ole head. He was given the opportunity to shave it off at school last week, and it has been bugging him that he didn't shave his head at Jack's Shave-Off - so, now he's just like the other boys in our family. Abbey didn't like it one bit. She came home and saw him and froze. Just stared at him. He asked her to come sit with him and he would turn on cartoons for her and her bottom lip started working and she said, "No....Mommy will do it." I asked why I had to do it, Daddy could do it just fine. And she replied, "He can't! Because he doesn't have any hair!". He put his hat on and that seemed to help. She eventually found her way to his lap and worked up the courage to take off his hat. She poked at his fuzz a few times before finally kissing the top of his chrome dome. All was well.
5. Have you seen Jack's awesome new website? http://www.thejackmortonfoundation.org/ Go now. NOW!
6. We are busily preparing for Shawn's upcoming fish fry and auction benefit on May 29. If anyone lives around here - please come! It's going to be a fun night full of great food, great live music by Robby White, great live and silent auctions and exciting raffles and door prizes. The fun starts at 6:00 at the VFW Hall Gainesville. If anyone would like to donate an auction item, please contact me. We have lots of great items already, including: a beautiful oak gun cabinet, framed art, jewelry, a smoker, super gift baskets, a Duck's Unlimited special edition rifle, etc. We even wrote away to Ree Drummond, aka "The Pioneer Woman", and she sent us an autographed copy of her wonderful cookbook to be included in the auction. So come on out and get in on the fun - and Help Us Help Shawn!
7. I'm finally getting a much needed peducure on these horrible feet tomorrow, and I can't wait. I have a friend who refers to her "hobbit feet" from time to time, but I'm certain that my tootsies were the actual stunt doubles for Frodo's feet in Lord of the Rings.
8. Because Scott now has school every Saturday from 7:30 to at least 3, me myself and I took the kids to Gainesville's annual Spring Fling this past weekend. We had the best time! The zoo was half price in honor of the event, so we started the day there. Then we went to the adjoining Leonard Park and enjoyed playing on their huge playground and looking at all of the fun booths that they had set up. The kids even got airbrushed tattoos! After fun community events like this, I do have to admit that living in a small town does have it's perks.
9. Gayle isn't feeling well today, so it's going to be me and Abbey together. I wonder what trouble us girls will get ourselves into today?
10. Phew! This Ten on Tuesday was hard! But I did it! Now why don't you?





2 comments:
no way, cash offer!! shut. up. really cool!! now if only we could get an offer of any type on our house in waco, both our prayers would be answered and both our concrete blocks would be lifted! seriously, so happy for you.
jack's new website is amazing, love it.
good luck at the fish fry, sounds like you got some amazing auction items and will make some nice moolah!
i love little towns too, love them love them love them. your little town sounds awesome.
good luck next week at your new gig!
You can Dooooooo It! GO, GO, GO, GO!
God is good. Sometimes that's all there is to say.
:-)
Post a Comment