
First of all, Laurie asked me how I was doing on the great diet - and to answer it's going ok. Not great, but ok. I've cheated quite a bit and I need to knock that crap off. I am down 5 pounds, but I should be down about 9 or 10 by now. But it's ok. It's a start!
What a great day I had yesterday! And boy did it start EARLY. Scott's alarm went off at 5:30 because he was attending a concealed handgun permit class that was to last 10 hours (yes, that was correct - TEN hours) and he had to be there by 7 and it was over an hour away. Blech. Not worth it. But then I had to get up because Ashley was going to be to the house at 8:00 so that Leigh and Holli and I could go down to do some wholesale shopping way down in the heart of Dallas. It was about an hour and a half away - and it was SOOO worth it. You wouldn't believe all the stuff I got. Holli loaded up for the store - well, as much as Paula's pathetically small limit would allow her to load up (oye, that store is a blog in itself), and Leigh and I made use of the tax free wholesale shopping for ourselves! I got three adorable purses, one Ed Hardy knock off duffle bag (I know, I can spot a fake purse a mile away and have always swore I would never carry one because I'm just that snotty - but this was too good), and a sack of fantastic costume and trendy jewelry that had to have weighed ten pounds - and I spent about $160. We all made out like fashionista bandits and we drug our weary tootsies home around 5.
And because we all can't be apart longer than five minutes, the whole crew made their way up, down and over to our house for pizza, cake for Justin's birthday, and a UFC fight. We had a huge houseful - Leigh, Sid, Holli, James, Hattie, Shawn, Felicia, David, Gayle, their granddaughter Carly (who is adorable), Justin, Darla and Clinton (for a little while until he left us for his cooler and much younger friends). The kids all managed to have a ball without any injuries or hurt feelings. Everyone ate, drank and was merry. Leigh was very merry after the firewater martini's she was sucking down. I have to text her this morning and ask her how she's feeling. I'm going to guess not so good! I was turned on to Canadian Hunter and diet Dr. Pepper (YUM!) and Holli spent her time laughing hysterically at anything that came out of my or Leigh's mouth. The boys pretty much glued themselves to the fight and us girls sat on my bed and went through my goody sack of jewelry about three times, trying stuff on and ooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over it all. Normally I enjoy a good fight - but I just wasn't interested last night.
We're so lucky to have all of our great friends. Can't wait to do it all over again!!
2 comments:
Leigh Leigh never gets TOO merry and I did stick to my two-martini-Leigh rule, so I was a-okay this morning!
Had SO much fun! Thanks for hosting the big bash!
sounds fun, i'm jealous. i'm not liking my just-moved-here-don't-have-any-friends-weekend. blah!
Post a Comment