Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane


Tomorrow is the big day! Our little baby boy is going to fly on an airplane all by himself!! Gulp. He's off to Arizona to visit Laurie, Zac and Jackers. Even more exciting for Coley Moley? Nana and Grampa will be there Thursday evening to stay for the weekend, as well! Can I just tell you how excited this kid is? Can I just tell you how alarmed Mom and Dad are?? We actually thought it was a good idea to let our kid get on an airplane by himself and fly to a whole 'nother state?! What on earth were we thinking? My stomach is churning just thinking of watching my little man walk away from me down the little airplane hallway thingy. He's so big!! But he's the expert flyer. I bet he's logged about 20 round trip flights in his short little life. But I know that he'll have such a great time, and probably be a spoiled rotten brat by the time he gets back!

4 comments:

Karen R said...

I know how you feel. I start breathing shallow whenever I think about it! But don't let him see that you're nervous, or he'll wonder what's going on. Make sure batteries are charged and he has his V-Tech and iPod. I hope he sits next to some nice person who talks to him the whole time.

mp said...

what a great trip for him!

Leigh Leigh said...

You know he'll be just fine and what a time he will have. I used to fly to meet my grandparents when I was little and they treated me like royalty and gave me pillows and blankets - he'll feel like a totaly superstar!

Bobbie said...

Go Cole. That's awesome! I bet Abby is jealous. Guess she'll get some one-on-one time with Mom and Dad, though, so that will be nice!