Thursday, August 6, 2009

Say What?


See the above hat? It's glitzy. It's cute. It's blingy. I like it, ok? I was wearing it one week ago today when I had to wake up early to take a client to the airport. Waking up early + bad hair = cute hat. I'm not so sure that I'll be wearing the hat again any time soon, though.

After I dropped the client off, I stopped at a Starbucks for my nonfat iced caramel latte. This exact conversation happened, almost word for word.


He: (through the speaker) Good morning, welcome to Starbucks! What can I get started for you today?

Me: I'll have a grande nonfat iced caramel latte and a slice of banana bread.

He: That's an iced nonfat grande caramel latte (I never say it correctly) and a slice of banana loaf?

Me: Yes

He: Can I get you to try our oatmeal this morning?

Me: No, thank you.

He: That'll be $8.36 at the window.

(Driving up to the window...rolling down my window...handing my card to the Starbuck guy with a smile on my face)

He: Ok, that's $8.36.....hey, nice hat!

Me: (slightly blushing) Um...oh, thanks!

He: Let me guess, are you from Oklahoma?

Me: (blink) What did you just say??

He: That hat...I figured you're from Oklahoma with that hat...

Me: (blink. blink.) Uh, no. I'm from Arizona, not Oklahoma.

He: Oh...Arizona? Huh.... Well here's your drink....and your banana loaf...and your sweet receipt.

Me: (mumbles) Thanks

He: Well...do you know what a sweet receipt is?

Me: (sigh) No.

He: A sweet receipt is your receipt that you can bring back after 2:00 the same day of your purchase for a free pastry. Same day...as in, like today?

Me: (pause) Thanks. Being from Oklahoma I had no idea that today and same day meant the same thing.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

I traveled over from Leigh's blog...hope you don't mind...

But your blog post made me laugh out loud.

Thanks for making me laugh.

p.s. That guy is an idiot.

Bobbie said...

Those darn Okies. Should have told him you were going "noodling" for catfish and wouldn't be able to make it in later that day - same day - whatever.

Leigh Leigh said...

You let the SHERMAN Starbucks dude get you that worked up? What does he know?!