1. Scott started fire fighter academy last night! By the end of the six month class, he'll also be certified as an EMT. Craziness!! I'm very proud of him for doing this. We need to get all of our eggs out of this money sucking bottomless basket that we have and spread things around a bit! A second income will do us wonders, not to mention it's going to make Scotty a happy guy. What will make me happy?? This....
2. I got a job!! I know, most of you didn't even know I was looking in the first place! But it's going to work out SMASHINGLY! It's a nice three day a week gig where I'll be working in accounts receivable/payable for an interior designer. I know!! Totally my bag. I knew I had it the moment we shook hands and said hello. Her and her husband loved me, if I do say so myself, and looked at me like I was dipped in chocolate. Again...the whole supplimental income thing will do us wonders. I go in this Friday to talk salary, details, meet the girl I'm replacing. I plan to be running the place in six months.
3. Jack is doing SO WELL!! Have you been following?? Have you been praying?? You BETTER. Cause if you don't, I'll so kick your arse from here to Kingdom Come. And don't think I won't.
4. Last Sunday was Scott and I's wedding anniversary! 12 years, folks. Talk about craziness. We're planning on where to go for our 15th, you know...those fantasy vacation talks. I'm thinking Germany...Bavaria....someplace over there. Wouldn't that be great?? Or maybe Ireland?? Well, we've got three years to save and to decide. I'm sure our "plans" will change a zillion times between now and then.
But that's half the fun!
5. My children are disgusting. They are obsessed with butts and telling people to smell them. WHY?? What am I doing wrong? Someone please tell me this is normal. Please...before I hang myself from a tree. How many times can I person say, "Stop it! Don't SAY that!," in one day? Surely I hold the world record.
6. Early voting started yesterday for the school board election! Yikes! I know I have at least two votes...Scott claims he voted for me and I know that I voted for myself. I think that I'll just have to pee my pants in terror if I actually get voted in. Either that or rock in the fetal position for a few days. But don't tell anyone that, ok?
7. The bottoms of my feet are so rough, they stuck to the top sheet last night after I turned on to my stomach. I know, right?? So, all of you who claim to have the worst feet ever...I have officially taken over your title. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to get a pedicure I go!
8. I have no idea what in the world to write down here at number 8. I've been staring at a shoe on my floor for five minutes trying to think of something.
9. We listed our duplex for sale! And we've already had a few looky-loos! We SO need this puppy to sell. Equity equals moolah for us. And we need moolah...now-ah.
10. I started watching Modern Family from the beginning - I missed several of the first episodes. I about threw up I was laughing so hard last night. That pilot episode where Cameron introduces their adopted daughter to Mitchell's family and comes in holding Lilly...oh, just watch it...trust me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aSzTVrP5FQ

2 comments:
um yes, i've been following and praying and hello! i'm so happy he is doing soooo well!!! so happy!
yay for firefighters and EMT's. remember what I said, don't let his first job be at the Amarillo Fire Dept because i LOVE firefighters.
yay for your three day gig. you and leigh both found the perfect little jobs. howdya do that? please fill me in where you guys always manage to find these listings. or do you put out an ad that says "fabulous 30 something chic who is so tasty, she's dipped in chocolate, looking for a job, not full time, but not too part time either. can totally run your biz in 6 months flat, i'm that good." did you post an ad like that? you did didn't you.
congrats on 12 years!!!!
You haven't been watching Modern Family all this time?! I can't believe it.
Yah for Jack and yah for Braden and yah for new jobs all around the Redish household and yah for pedicures and yah for vacations and yah for house-hunters on the duplex prowl. It's a great week for the word yah!
Post a Comment