Monday, November 24, 2008

Subway...Eat Fresh

Lunch time seems to provide endless entertainment for me. I'm always waited on by someone who does or says something that makes me stop and wonder to myself, "Did that just happen?".

Today I was not disappointed.

12:57 PM - Subway in Whitesboro.

I walk in and I'm the only customer in there. The Subway Sandwich Artist that greets me looks to be fairly normal.

I order a 6 inch tuna on wheat.

He replies in a strange dreamy voice, "Mmmm, I loooooove tuna!"

Then he winks and ads in a stage whisper, "But it's better from home because it has EGGS!" He literally hollers the word eggs. His eyes pop wide open for emphasis and he just stares at me with a strange, expectant grin on his face.

I wasn't really sure how to respond to the Tuna with Egg lover, so I just blankly stared back at him for about five seconds and then picked up with my sandwich order like the odd moment never happened, "...with pepper jack cheese, lettuce and salt and pepper."

He continued making my sandwich, I paid, and I left.

I barely made it to my car before I laughed my way back to the office.

7 comments:

Bobbie Brodsgaard said...

Me thinks he wanted to hook up with you and have you make him a tuna sandwich - WITH EGGS. What's up with Subway anyway. The other day I was in front of an old man who didn't have a clue about ordering at Subway. He kept telling the girl he just wanted lunch meat and cheddar cheese - didn't care what kind of meat - just NO GREEN PEPPERS. Ok fine, no peppers for you, but then he had to explain to the little sandwich stylist that green peppers make him burp all day and asked her if they did the same to her. She politely replied that they did not.

Stacey said...

That's hot! Him. Me. Tuna with...EGGS! Makes me forget about Edward for a minute...

Have Leigh tell you about the creepy Panera Bread Ferris Bueller's best friend guy.

mp said...

mmmm....tuna. i love tuna. and i agree WITH EGGS!

ok now i'm the psycho tuna lady.

Leigh Leigh said...

My good ol' Subway friends. I miss them so much.

Oh wait. No I don't!

What's up with Whitesboro? Full of freaks. And I bet you 1 million dollars I can name the biggest freak of all...

Leigh Leigh said...

Oh, and Mom's comment reminded me of my Grandad, who tried to order enchiladas at Taco Bell! If he were still alive I would swear it was him demanding NO GREEN PEPPERS.

Bobbie Brodsgaard said...

Or, the dumb redneck ahead of me in line at Taco Bueno (yumm) in Abilene who ordered two chapulas (he pronounced chup'pula's). Not chalupas, chapulas.

Or, there was this dumb girl in College Station who ordered a bowl of mine-strone - mine with a long "i" soup at Fazoli's. (ask Leigh)

Stacey said...

Or the time I was behind a woman at the Whitesboro Subway (again!) who ordered the "chicken pizola with that mary-ana sauce". Supposed to be chicken pizziola with marinara.

Hysterical what folks will say!