Ice, Ice, Baby......Ice, Ice, Baby......We're getting Ice, Ice, Baby.It's 6:15 in the morning and I just woke up to a Flash Alert email (a nifty thing you can sign up for that alerts you to school closings) on my phone from the Whitesboro ISD - schools are CLOSED. Which, of course means, the OFFICE is closed!! Woo Hoo!!
The weather dudes are predicting up to a 1/2 inch of ice accumulation today with a transition to a snow/mix later this evening. Then that's when its supposed to be really bad because it's going to get down to 21 degrees tonight and not warm above freezing until Wednesday afternoon. So, chances are I'll be sitting right here in this comfy chair with my feet on the ottoman watching the fire flicker same time tomorrow morning. I can't see them opening anything until Thursday - and that's just fine by me, Brotha.
Our power company has proved themselves to be pretty great with keeping our power up and running through messes like this, so Leigh and I have a grand plan to save her should
her power go out and she needs to take refuge up here with us. On a side note, Sid is in California on business, so she's home alone until Friday. We joked of a big scenario of Scott gallantly driving down to save her and in her desperation to escape, she ties the bedsheets together so that she can scoot out from the second story, stops to make one last call to Sid, and then coaxing her dogs to jump - mommy will catch you!, even though they're frightened. Or she could simply open the front door and stroll out to the truck. But the first scenario was much juicier, don't you think?
her power go out and she needs to take refuge up here with us. On a side note, Sid is in California on business, so she's home alone until Friday. We joked of a big scenario of Scott gallantly driving down to save her and in her desperation to escape, she ties the bedsheets together so that she can scoot out from the second story, stops to make one last call to Sid, and then coaxing her dogs to jump - mommy will catch you!, even though they're frightened. Or she could simply open the front door and stroll out to the truck. But the first scenario was much juicier, don't you think? Oh, where to begin? So much has gone on since last time I posted. Scott and David made a treck to their Mecca - Las Vegas - on the pretense of attending the International Home Builders Show so that Scott could catch up on the latest technology and green building aspects. But you and I both know his true motivation for the trip, and it didn't have a thing to do with home building. So I was left alone...with the kids...and everything that goes along with that. Kids were fine, of course. Work....not so much. It's wasn't exactly the best timing for him to be gone, with as busy as we are, and I bet I put 800 miles on my car in four days running around from job to job. By the time Saturday came, I was counting the seconds until he got home.
Friday night while Scott was gone I had Ashley come over to watch the kids for a while and I picked up Gayle and
Leigh and we headed down to have a fantastic dinner at Nicola's in Legacy Center. It's a TO DIE FOR Italian place with some of the best food I've ever eaten...but it ain't cheap. As Gayle was looking over the menu, I asked her what she was thinking of getting and she replied, in all seriousness..."I'm thinking of getting the tenderloin...the number 33." I looked at my menu in total confusion. As I said, this is a nice restaurant and not a place where you order by number off the menu. I quickly realized Gayle's misnotion. In Nicola's menu makers try to be trendy, the menu items all are followed with the price and no dollar sign. So, what Gayle thought was a 33 was actually a price tag of $33. Of course Leigh and I took GREAT delight in pointing this out to her, and swore that we would have gotten up and left the table in total horror had she actually placed her order with the waiter that way. And she replied in equal horror - "33 DOLLARS for tenderloin???". Welcome to Legacy Center, my friend. And she ordered it anyway. Good for her. We ate and ate and ate. Salad, entree, dessert AND a spectacular mocha. And wine, of course. I think we even got a glimpse of Two-Martini-Leigh toward the end of dinner, and let me tell you folks, that's a fun sight. So anyway, we all had a great time and three hours later we rolled ourselves out to the valet to get the car and head home. I had dressed in my very cute ballet flats and skinny jeans, so as I sashayed my fanny by the valet boys, I of course slipped on the slick bottoms of my shoes and just about busted my a** right in front of everyone. The little valet boy let out a giant guffaw just to let me know that he'd seen my little tap dance. Greeeeeat.
Leigh and we headed down to have a fantastic dinner at Nicola's in Legacy Center. It's a TO DIE FOR Italian place with some of the best food I've ever eaten...but it ain't cheap. As Gayle was looking over the menu, I asked her what she was thinking of getting and she replied, in all seriousness..."I'm thinking of getting the tenderloin...the number 33." I looked at my menu in total confusion. As I said, this is a nice restaurant and not a place where you order by number off the menu. I quickly realized Gayle's misnotion. In Nicola's menu makers try to be trendy, the menu items all are followed with the price and no dollar sign. So, what Gayle thought was a 33 was actually a price tag of $33. Of course Leigh and I took GREAT delight in pointing this out to her, and swore that we would have gotten up and left the table in total horror had she actually placed her order with the waiter that way. And she replied in equal horror - "33 DOLLARS for tenderloin???". Welcome to Legacy Center, my friend. And she ordered it anyway. Good for her. We ate and ate and ate. Salad, entree, dessert AND a spectacular mocha. And wine, of course. I think we even got a glimpse of Two-Martini-Leigh toward the end of dinner, and let me tell you folks, that's a fun sight. So anyway, we all had a great time and three hours later we rolled ourselves out to the valet to get the car and head home. I had dressed in my very cute ballet flats and skinny jeans, so as I sashayed my fanny by the valet boys, I of course slipped on the slick bottoms of my shoes and just about busted my a** right in front of everyone. The little valet boy let out a giant guffaw just to let me know that he'd seen my little tap dance. Greeeeeat. My poor Mommy got not so good news on her foot. See, she thinks she's super woman and has been walking ar
I scored two awesome buys on eBay yesterday!! The first is a B. Makowsky purse t
hat I've been coveting since Christmas time when our eyes met across a crowded mall in Scottsdale. It was love at first sight, but the $298 price tag made me hesitate. Even though I tried to forget about her and her beauty, I couldn't. I kept thinking of her and me, enjoying countless moments together. Her on my arm, looking like the eye candy that she is. I made a vow to find her again...but cheaper. And I did. Brand new with tags, $165 with free shipping. I'm counting the minutes till she gets here and our love affair can continue.
hat I've been coveting since Christmas time when our eyes met across a crowded mall in Scottsdale. It was love at first sight, but the $298 price tag made me hesitate. Even though I tried to forget about her and her beauty, I couldn't. I kept thinking of her and me, enjoying countless moments together. Her on my arm, looking like the eye candy that she is. I made a vow to find her again...but cheaper. And I did. Brand new with tags, $165 with free shipping. I'm counting the minutes till she gets here and our love affair can continue. I also got a great Juicy travel bag! It is black velour and matches a laptop case that I bought, also on eBay, back in
November. The top zips up and reveals a hanger to make it a hanging caddy with all kinds of great plastic storage pockets for makeup, creams, jewelry. It still has a price tag from Nordstrom on it for $125 and I got it for $65, also with free shipping. Now I'm on the hunt for a matching passport cover. If I find that, I'll be beside myself with glee.
November. The top zips up and reveals a hanger to make it a hanging caddy with all kinds of great plastic storage pockets for makeup, creams, jewelry. It still has a price tag from Nordstrom on it for $125 and I got it for $65, also with free shipping. Now I'm on the hunt for a matching passport cover. If I find that, I'll be beside myself with glee. Oh! And I'm down another pound. Total of 5 big ones gone!! Woo Hoo!!!
2 comments:
i'm humming the tune now to baby it's cold outisde.
good for you on your sweet ebay deals! i need you to shop for me! i swear i get on there and after the first page i give up.
i hope things don't get that bad to where scott has to resuce leigh. although i bet the both of you are really hoping it happens so yall can have a slumber party.
have a good day! stay warm!
It's about time you posted!
Dinner was so much fun! I love that Gayle had never been to Nicolas and I love that we all got to treat ourselves, especially you and her since the hubbies were partying it up in Vegas. (mine, on the other hand, had chicken strips from Sonic! But he can't complain - Scott DID invite him to Vegas)
When I first saw your blog, I only caught the bottom of the ice photo and nearly peed myself. Then I saw the ocean and realized it was NOT your house. I haven't seen or heard any ice yet, but like you said, we probably won't until late afternoon. I've got the sheets tied together and have made Dixie and Bear little harnesses so that I can safely lower them down to Scott.
We've only lost power two or three times (not counting little flickers of course) in the past four years, so here's hoping! I don't want the pipes to freeze!
On a side note, the last time we lost power was the night we were all meeting at Nicolas - remember? And that horrendous storm blew through with hurricane force winds and knocked down a bunch of trees and the roads started flooding and someone got knocked out at the Celina balloon festival by flying debris? But OH NO. We weren't going to cancel dinner so we all drove down anyway? Remember?
Post a Comment