
Today was Day 2 in the Year of Me. I ate a sensible lunch at Panera with Leigh (low-fat black bean soup and salad) and a sensible dinner with healthy snacks. I went and worked out at the gym for an hour this afternoon. I've been drinking water. Go me.
On a different note - my new Devil of the Day is KTEN. That's our local NBC channel. They decided that as of TODAY they weren't going to renew their contract with Dish Network (which is our sattelite provider). And what does that mean for me, you may ask? That means NO MORE NBC for us! I'll give you a moment to digest this information.
**Jeopardy Music**
OK, recovered from your shock? Not only am I missing out on the season premier of Biggest Loser RIGHT NOW, but I sat on hold for over TWO hours with a stupid provider called My Distant Networks to try and get this sorted out. See, when you live in the craptacular sticks like we do, we don't receive normal local channels like most civilized people. We, up until today, received two. A CBS affiliate in Sherman and stupid KTEN that was also out of Sherman. If we want to watch FOX, ABC, etc, then we have to sign up for My Distant Networks - at a rate of $6.99 a month in addition to the $798 we already pay a month for 5000 channels that never seem to have anything on them. So we get these channels ok, but they're out of Atlanta or someplace totally odd like that. But that's ok. As long as I get to watch my shows, it's ok to not have the local news coverage. It is a little confusing when they break in with a news bulletin and it takes you a minute to remember that they aren't talking about any where near you. So anyway, KTEN decides to be total buttwads and yank their programming because - according to Dish - they don't think that Dish Network charges it's customers enough for the priveledge of watching KTEN. Whatever. So, my only alternative was to try and get an NBC affiliate out of Boise or Sheboygan or some place random like that - hence the two hour wait with My Distant Networks. I literally got disconnected when they closed at 9 PM eastern time. Wasn't that nice? And that means that I get to try again tomorrow. Even better.
Ah, KTEN. While I normally only used you for your primetime line up, I did get many a laugh out of your local news crew. The horrible make up, the hiddeous outfits, the many stutters and stammers and flubs. It was always entertaining.
I'll leave you with what must have been an Emmy winner for them...
5 comments:
Next year I will do better. Next year I will dominate.
Awesome
Excuse me. Did you say you pay $798 A MONTH? For 5000 channels? Really? Seriously? Do you NEED that many channels? Do you even watch THAT much TV? Do you know that $798 could buy TWO pair of Manolo Blahniks? Or make a small house payment? Or make a really nice gift to a friend (like me). Did you know that $798 a month is almost $10,000 per year?
I'm your best friend, so I'm allowed to type-holler at you. Besides, I'm thinking I either misread the blog or you had a typo.
Last night's Biggest Loser was the best episode ever. They gave the secret to losing 25 pounds in 2 weeks without any effort but they're never going to repeat it so if you missed it, that's it. Too bad. (kidding - I didn't even watch it. Sid was sick all night)
Love ya, cable freak.
FOR THE RECORD, LEIGH - It was an exaggeration. I do not pay $798 a month for satellite. It was a little comic relief. And if I did have enough money for such a ridiculous thing, then I would have a whole closet full of Manolo's.
And you would wish you were me.
oh my, your news station rocks! hot dog eating contest? wow, even my news station doesn't do that!
no seriously, that stinks. big fat ones too.
hope you get it sorted out.
You're still a freak.
Post a Comment