
Know what I'm doing right now? Nothing. Obvious because I'm blogging while I'm supposed to be working. Know who is sitting next to me? Leigh! She used to work with us here and now she's physically HERE for the first time since February. Creepy. And it's like we've fallen back into our old habit. Leigh is sitting in the back with me and we're both playing on the computers instead of working. She needs to come visit more often...
I met her in Sherman today to get side by side mani's and pedi's. We both are terrified of catching the nail salon staph infection, so we wouldn't let them clip our cuticles too close. I know, both of us are equal in the spaz department. So anywho, we both left with our festive nails. Hers in a traditional nails and my in my "Baby It's Coal Outside" from OPI. That's another phrase for black with sparkles. I know, not festive in the traditional sense, but I'm not a traditional girl.
I booked our Christmas flights! We leave yucky Texas for sunny Arizona on the day after Christmas and we don't have to come back until the following Sunday. Think I'm excited? You're so clever.
I'm having a hard time getting "in the mood" for Christmas this year. Not really sure why. Normally by now I'm all done shopping and my house is all decorated. This year? Not even close to being done shopping. And my house? Well, my tree sat undecorated in it's base for five days because I was too lazy to decorate it. I finally put the ornaments on it Wednesday evening. And I've only got two posts done in the lights outside. Normally I wrap each porch post in lights, but I gave up after two. It's not totally obvious from the road, since we live fifty miles from the road, so it isn't that bad. But see? Just not the normal amount of holiday spirit.
I'm sure the spirit will hit me in the face once we sit down on our outgoing flight.
3 comments:
You are such a scrooge. Geez. I don't even want to be in your "presents." Get it? I could have said "presence" but I said "presents." Man, I am awesome.
And yes, I'm here. In my old "not-working-when-I-should-be-working-lets-go-next-door-and-get-a-latte-and-some-pie" spot.
Dude what is our problem this year?? I have not bought one thing that is not for my kids. And I don't even care. I am not panicked or worried or freaking out or anything. I just don't give a flip. And when my family asked me what I wanted I couldn't think of anything but a crockpot with a programmable timer. And a broom. This is just sad. I suck.
But I have been emailing your momma and guess what?? We are totally getting together while you are in town!! Yes you too!! So YAY!!
I think the reason most of us haven't caught on with the holiday spirit is because every day we're hit with more bad news. Layoffs, stores closing, etc. It's hard to justify spending a boat load of money on presents when so many people are suffering. This year it's going to be about being together as a family and visiting old, dear friends (like April!). I can't believe she asked for a broom. I thought I raised her better than that.
Post a Comment