
What is the DEAL with the weather in this state? Yesterday afternoon - 77. Yesterday at midnight - 25. That's no typo, folks. 25. We had a fifty degree drop in a matter of hours. It's insanity, I tell you. INSANITY!

But, it is helping me to get more into a Christmassy mood. Christmas packages fill my upstairs office area at the house. FILL. And I'm not even done. I mean to tell you I have gotten some of the best deals this year! I haven't paid full price for anything, and most things I've been getting for almost pennies on the dollar. So worth it to brave the after Thanksgiving horror!! $10 Cabbage Patch dolls, folks. $5 Barbies. And it's just gotten better and better. Macy's yesterday was insanity. 40% off and then take an additional 30% off with your Macy's card. Then they had $25 off coupons for regular priced items. Oh, the stuff I got yesterday at that sale. I had to make three trips to the car to drop off packages. That's shopping, right there.
So there's the great deals I've been getting, and our trip to AZ!!! And the fact that Laurie said that Flagstaff is expecting 25 FEET of snow over the next several days. (LEIGH! Flights are only $185 right now, you and Sid join us after Christmas to ski!!!!! DO IT!! Grandma is out of town, we'll have two extra bedrooms!!) So anyway, I'm all jazzed up to get out there, do some skiing, go see the Nutcracker (one of Laurie and Zac's best friends is dancing in it - so that will be nifty), hit up Zoo Lights again. Yep, starting to get excited.
3 comments:
I know! Went to Addison again this afternoon and it was miserable, went to Pei Wei for dinner at 8, were back on the road by 8:30 and the Addison roads were covered in ice! Thank God for four wheel drive and traction control. The Tollway was a MESS - it cleared up for a few miles and then we hit 380 and then 289 and they were solid ice! AHHHHH!!! Bet you guys had it bad too!
Flagstaff? Um hello that is like my favorite place on earth! I had no idea that's where you were going when you mentioned AZ. Adam wants to work at the Univ there. *sigh* maybe one day.
Leigh - We'll be there till the Sunday after New Years! You have time...Come on....
Marie - Flag is about 2 hours north of my hometown of Scottsdale. LOVE IT! I spent many summer nights camping in Munds Park, many winter days skiing Snowbowl. I taught my youngest sister to squatty potty in those woods(she was about 10 at the time), only to have her pee all over her shorts and run away with her pants still around her ankles hollering, "I peed on me! I peed on me!". I almost went to school up there, but decided to go to ASU for the dumbest reason ever - a boy. But, had I gone to NAU, I wouldn't have met Scott. So I guess I can't complain...I guess.
Post a Comment