Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Festivus! The Holiday for the Rest of Us


Did you remember that? December 23 is Festivus. And you call yourself a Seinfeld fan...


Woo Hoo! It's almost here!! Last night I started my wrapping. Yes, started. Can you say, "Idiot"?? I know, don't judge me. For I have seen the curly ribbon on your soul!!!! So, last night I started the wrapping and I was sick of it after one package. I'm in trouble as I've got about 30 more to wrap. And do I set myself up at the nice big bar with all of my supplies within easy reacy? No! I plunk my fanny down on my bedroom floor and develope the mother of all backaches while I time and time again lose my tape and scissors. How do they end up behind you??? I didn't reach around and place them four feet behind me. Anyway, so I wrapped for about an hour while Scott giggled and snorted away to Caddyshack. He always assumes I've never seen a movie, so he gives me a running commentary the entire time. Now, normally he's right. I lived a very sheltered movie life and have never seen several of the "big" movies. Never saw a single Star Wars, an Indiana Jones, The Goonies, etc. I could go on and on. But I have seen Caddyshack, thank you very much. But instead of acting all superior on him, I just let him assume he was introducing me to the wacky world of caddy's.


We had a great day at the Gaylord. And did Camera Ninja remember to bring his camera?? Oh no! Why would he remember to bring his camera? Isn't it MY JOB to remind him to do this? After all, I remind him when to get up, what to wear, what to eat, when to shower and how to wipe. Silly me, I should have known. Seriously, if you're going to take posession of the camera and hide it from your spouse at every chance you get, it's YOUR JOB to remember to bring it along on family outtings so that I can have pictures to post on my blog. Got it? So sorry for all you picture requesters. Ain't got a single one.


Leigh and Sid got home last night from NYC. Luckily they only had a two hour delay coming home. I think they were lucky, considering the horror stories they've been telling about airport delays with this weather everyone is having up north. They had a great time and I've already seen a few pictures. See, Camera Ninja, they share their camera nicely between the two of them so that it doesn't sit hidden in a special spot where even the person who hid it has forgotten where he put it.


Well, have a great and Merry Christmas Eve Eve. I'm sure I'll be talking to you all later.

1 comment:

Leigh Leigh said...

Did Holli take photos?? Or Jackie?? Bummer!

Wrapping presents has become a chore over the years. I think it's because we wait until the last minute. Oh well.

And yep - we made it home. Flying in and out of Newark is the way to go. Can't imagine being one of those people at LaGuardia or JFK. Blah!