So, how was your weekend? Mine was great. Except for Friday night. Cole woke up at around 11:30 (we were still awake) absolutely bawling at the top of his lungs because his darned legs hurt him again. What in the world? Granted he did participate in the Diabetes Walk at school that day and he walked 12 loops around the high school track (which is 3 miles!), so I can imagine that his legs WOULD be sore. The next morning he woke up with the goopy eyes, still had sore legs and just didn't look "right", so we decided not to let him play in his football game. By around noon he was much better and asking for me to take him to the pumpkin patch, so I did! We stopped and ate lunch together at yummy Panera and then headed out to the patch. It's at a really cute little place that does the pumpkin thing for Halloween and then cut your own trees at Christmas. I think we've been going up there for 5 years now.

Saturday night Ashley came over to sit the kiddos (Cole was MUCH better when she showed up). Scott and I picked up David and Gayle and ate out at Blue Door Cafe in Sherman and then went out for a drink at a little pub. It was fun and we decided to try and do this once a month.Sunday was a very lazy day. I scoured the closet for goodies to sell on eBay and listed three items. I've got two more to list tonight, so hopefully I'll make some more money for my "fashion fund". My last bundle of items went for $360 and I got all kinds of stuff with it. After Abbey went down for a nap, Scott sensed my cabin fever ( I cannot sit in the house all day long without going loony) and suggested that I run to Sherman to get some shopping done. I did have to go to the grocery store, but a side trip to Panera for a lunch gloriously ALONE and a bargain scouting trip to TJ Maxx wasn't going to hurt anyone, now was it?
This morning I woke Cole up for school thinking I'd be as cheerful as possible because he's like his Dad, and is quite the crab in the mornings. I went in his room singing, "Good morning to you" in my sweetest voice. I got through a few bars when he mumbled from under the covers, "Stop! You're giving me a headache!".
Ungrateful brat.
2 comments:
glad you had a wunnerful weekend. the pumpking patch looks fun!
Great weekend! Love the pics.
Post a Comment