Friday, October 3, 2008

Long time no post

So, hi there. I've been, shall we say...unavailable. That's code for don't feel like blogging. I know, terrible of me.

So - my week in a nutshell. Scoured eBay for bargains. Found two - pair of slouchy suede Steve Madden boots in brown for $40 and a big bangle bracelet for $0.99. Scoured TJ Maxx for bargains. Found two! Great pair of black patent and suede high heels that tie in the front for $40! And a cute bluish boxy jacket that zips up the front and will look fabulous with a pair of grey skinny jeans and black riding boots for only $19! Scoured Piperlime for riding boots. Found a pair! On the "Boots We Love" page, $89 including shipping!! So, yes. I've been a little distracted planning out my trip and what to wear. I literally find myself waking up at night and thinking of outfits. Isn't that stupid?? Oh, and I'm watching a DARLING black Kooba clutch on eBay right now. Only $40 because it's used, but you can't even tell. So say a little prayer for me that all of the snobs pass it by because it's used.

Oh, and I did pay a little attention to the kids this week. I swear. Abbey was taken to the State Fair on Tuesday by Gayle and David. They said that she had a ball. I asked her if she had fun and she hollered, "Yeah!". I asked her if she rode on the merry go round and she hollered, "Yeah!". Then she was fidgeting in her chair and being silly and loud, so Scott said in a fake scolding voice, "Abbey! What are we going to do with you in a few years - you're going to run me ragged!" To which my darling little baby smiled, and said mockingly, "Yeah, I know!".

Today Cole did a Diabetes Walk at school. I was so proud to see that he did 12 laps around the high school track. I guess each kid had to wear a little card around their neck and the high school cheerleaders did a hash mark for every lap every kid did in the two hours. So, I asked him if he wanted to call his dad and tell him how far he walked and he said that he did. So I gave him the phone and I could hear him telling his dad how many laps he did and then he told him that he got an orange slice and an apple slice at every lap and wasn't that great! And I could hear Scott say, "You got oranges! How many?" And Cole replied in his best my dad isn't as smart as I thought voice, "Ummm, 12." Cracked me up.

2 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

I love Ebay! I've totally become re-addicted over the last few weeks. You are going to be fab-u-lous in all your new purchases!

Cole and Abbey win the award (tied with Makenzie) for most hilarious comments. They have the cutest, grown up sense of humor!

mp said...

yay for bargains!!