Friday, December 18, 2009

I can do that.

Each and every year I put up the Christmas lights outside on the house.  Yes, I.  As I've said before, Scott isn't one for hanging lights...but he sure watches from the porch good!  Every year I perch precariously on a little outdoor end table and string my lights along the front roofline of my house.  Every year I tell myself that I risked certain death from a tragic two foot fall in the name of love for my family and for our Christmas lights.  Every year I take pride in dropping hints to everyone that will listen, "Yeah, I hung the lights this year...only took me 45 minutes...almost fell...".  I am certain that they look at me like I'm some sort of an icon, a throwback to Rosie the Riveter.  I'm a modern day Rosie.  I flex my bicep in the face of those who say I can't.  "Oh, I never put up my Christmas lights, that's John's job!".  HA!  I larf at you.

I received this picture from Laurie this morning.  Zac put up Christmas lights this year.



 



Show off.

2 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Hey, that's comparing apples to oranges! He gets paid the big bucks to climb things. YOU can build a house, can he? :-)

P.S. Tell Laurie we want pics of the tree at night!

Bobbie said...

WOW - next year, that will be YOU! Of course, where you live, there aren't any trees that tall!