I'll post photos of Christmas shortly, but as I sat here in front of the tree this morning, I came across this article that made me smile in the Chicago Tribune. It's sarcastic, but I like it! And I agree, 100%! So, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
Merry Christmas!
And I mean Merry Christmas!
Not some generic Happy Holidays.
Now don't think that I don't want you to have a happy holiday season. Far from it. I celebrate Christmas, and therefore to me this is the Christmas season. So I wish the same happiness and enjoyment I have to everyone. Whether you believe it or not. That is what I mean when I say Merry Christmas.
Even if you are a Scrooge, or a Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, or Atheist.
Even if you are the worst type of person - who demands everyone be politicaly correct!
If you actually are advocating being politically correct, you have to know that your actions are doing nothing but causing more division, more strife, and spitting on the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
So I say if you truly want to be politically correct, you should be protecting everyone's rights to put up the decorations they want. Say the holiday greeting they believe in.
If you do not celebrate Christmas, and someone says "Merry Christmas" to you, this is not offensive. Respond in same, say back "Happy Holidays" "Happy Kwanzaa" whatever you believe. If you are an atheist, say back "good day" "Bah Humbug" "Whatever" "Thank you" or anything you want. You don't have to worry about if you believe or not.
So I say again:
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment