In the blink of an eye, 2009 will be a memory. I've officially graduated to that part of my life where I sound more and more like my parents. "Phew! Where does the time go??!!" When I was younger, I used to pray that I would be older, be out of school, be a grown up, be anywhere that was ahead of where I was. I remember feeling like the days leading up to Christmas would c...r...a...w...l by. How in the world was I going to be able to stand it if time didn't hurry up? My parents would say things like, "yesterday you were a baby and now you're 12" and I would roll my eyes and think that they had no idea what they were talking about. Now...I get it.
Yesterday I met a cute boy named Scott and 13 years later, here we are.
Yesterday I moved away from all that I knew and eleven years later, here we are.
Yesterday I saw two lines on that stick and 7 1/2 years later, here we are.
Yesterday I shocked Scott with some news and 3 1/2 years later, here we are.
How fast those years have gone by, and even faster 2009 is about to fly out the door. Frankly, I'm hoping the door knocks 2009 in it's ass on the way out, but I digress. So, instead of dwelling on what I wasn't too thrilled about over the last 12 months, maybe I'll make a point to stop and think about the awesome stuff that happened, instead:
We took a vacation of a lifetime to Alaska with my family and our wonderful friends.
Leigh got a job in publishing. Pub. Li. Shing. Amazing.
Susie moved back to Sherman!
Zac graduated his apprenticeship.
Nikki moved away from "home".
Dad turned 65! And we rocked that celebration weekend.
Laurie got pregnant with "Number 2".
Mom saved my arse.
Cole started in all but one football game this season.
Abbey learned to count to twenty in Spanish.
Our company completed two gigantic jobs successfully.
Scott and I linked arms and stood together.
And that's just a drop in the bucket. Sure, that bucket had some holes in it, but it held together for us all year long.
4 comments:
I love this post. So glad to see positive stuff. I've been reading too many negative comments from friends on FB and Blogs, so it's nice to read and remember the good memories. I need 2010 to CRAWL. It'll be a big birthday for me and I'm not ready for it!
Sounds like you had a great 2009! Hope you have an even better 2010!
It was the best of times...it was the worst of times.
Cheers to more good than bad in 2010!
2010 is going to rock the house for all of us. We're so blessed to have traveled with you guys to the most beautiful place we've ever been. Let's do another trip on the Oasis in 2010!!!!
Post a Comment