Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Cole!


Holy cow, our little baby boy is 6! It's just too hard to believe. He's perfect, he's funny, he's cute. We're the luckiest parents on the face of the earth.

It seems like yesterday that I was talking to the kid that I hired to steam clean the couch when my water broke. I ran into the bathroom - with the cordless phone in my hand - and called Mom. She smartly suggested that I hang up and call my doctor. I was checked in and sitting in my hospital bed by 11 AM. Cole came about 14 hours later, after hours of painless contractions, and then the world's easiest labor and delivery. Piece of cake! Mmmm, cake. Reminds me that I need to get one for tonight.

Yesterday I met Leigh for lunch at "our place" - Panera - and then we went to Target to pick up some goodies for Cole's birthday. We're celebrating as a family tonight (having pizza "in"), and his party is on Saturday. Mom and Dad are flying in - WOO HOO - and we've got a whole mess of kids coming. He's going to make out like a bandit, little stinker...

Last night Butch and Jackie brought over his present because Jackie left this morning to go out of town. They gave him a Wii - and he was so excited AND surprised!! We played it last night for a while, until my arm starting hurting too much and I had to quit. Yes, that's just sad. He's wicked at the tennis game, so if anyone feels like getting their butts whooped, join him in a little friendly competition. He played Scott after my arm gave out, and beat him time after time. One time, Scott made a frustrated sound after missing the ball - and Cole said mockingly, "It's fun to lose, isn't it??"

This morning after I got to work, I started looking through my pictures of Cole and I put together this little slide show. Mom, get out your Kleenex...

2 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Coley will get such a kick out of that slide show! Tell him we said Happy Birthday and we'll see him Sunday! :-)

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were pushing - Scott and I were looking at each other like "I hope you know what you're doing because I sure don't!" I'll also never forget that feeling when he shot out - just this overpowering feeling that you had witnessed a miracle. And he continues to be our miracle boy. Nana and Grampa send all our love to our boy today and we can hardly wait to see him Saturday morning!