
Well, I've done it. I've created a blog. It feels sort of pretentious, to tell you the truth. Expecting people to log on daily just to read about ME! But then I started logging on to read about Leigh daily, and I would get all miffed when she hadn't updated her blog - so now I have one!! And it really is all about me, isn't it?
I have extreme summer fever. I detest sitting at my desk every day, watching the sun shine through the windows of the office. I spend too much time surfing for future vacations when I should be actually working. If you know me, you know that I hate working for a living. I like what I do, but I hate working. So, to keep myself from going crazy, I'm coming up with work-related reasons to drive to Sherman as much as possible, just so that I can get out...and if I happen to stop by some stores along the way, so be it.
I don't know why I'm so stir crazy. We really have so much coming up this summer, it isn't even funny. We are so much more fortunate than we deserve! We always seem to be planning our next "adventure". We don't exactly like to sit still for very long. So, this coming weekend is a fight weekend, and that's always fun. Meet us at the pool at Saturday at 8:30, sharp!! Kids are in bed, we plug in the monitors so we can hear them, and then let the fight begin!! The bloodier the better! Then the following weekend is Cole's 6th birthday party, which is going to be a blog post in itself. My baby is 6! I just had him yesterday, didn't I?? Mom and Dad are flying in for the weekend, which is something that I always look forward to. And THEN the following weekend is Vegas!! Gayle and David (my babysitter/most perfect woman on earth - aside from me. And mom.) is finally marrying her long time boyfriend of 10 years. They asked us if we would join them in Vegas for their wedding, and we of course said, yes! They offered to pay, but Scott had a fit and said no way. Not after all that they do for us. They really are too much. They are like my parents are, if we were lucky enough to live by them. It's never an imposition, never, "Well, let me see what we have going on...", it's always - "Of course we can!" They treat our kids as if they were related, and we are so lucky to have them both. So, there's that little trip, and then! AND THEN!!! Drum roll, please....DESTIN!!! AHHHH! Our favorite vacation spot, three years running. Only this time it's going to be even more perfect. Laurie found us an incredible 5 bedroom mack-daddy house on the beach and everyone is going. All of us, my two amazingly perfect sisters (the kind of girls you just sneer at because they are so cute), my crazy parents (maybe Mom will take her fists off her sides for a few minutes this time), my ridiculously cute nephew, Jack, and the world's best brother in law, Zac. 7 days of the most perfect beach. 7 days of laughter. 7 days of relaxation. 7 days of bliss.
Can you tell that I'm excited?
3 comments:
Stacey is a blogger, Stacey is a blogger....I've converted you - first to a vampire lover and now to a blogger. I am Leigh, hear me roar.
Good for you!
I told you that I live to be just like you. I sit outside your house at night watching your every move...
your weird. :)
Post a Comment