Monday, July 21, 2008

Hey Mom! Guess what's in my pants!


We had a great weekend! Friday was a BBQ at David and Gayle's house. Had a great time and ate even better!! Abbey had a ball with their hose (see video below), and kept trying to take a drink. She would maneuver her chubby hands just right to start the spray, but when she would tilt it up to her face for a drink, her hands would slip and the spray would turn off. Then she'd laugh. This cycle continued at least 17 times. It was just too cute. Cole spent most of the time playing with Clinton's old Hotwheels cars in their game room, so he was happy as a clam.

Saturday was good, too. I took Cole to Sherman to buy his birthday party decorations. He was all excited! We went to Kroger and ordered his cake, and he asks me every hour if we are going to pick up his cake yet. It's all going to look so fabulous. I really should plan parties for a living... We put Abbey to bed, then went out to watch the fights with Cole out at the pool. How educational and enriching for him - cage fighting! But he seriously loves it, and it's so cute watching him pretend he's a fighter and a pillow is his unworthy opponent.

Sunday was our usual - Cracker Barrel then the grocery store. Then we spent most of the afternoon at the pool while Abbey napped. I played catch with Cole with his little plastic football in the pool - that kid can throw! After Abbey woke up, she swam a little also, but something in the air triggered some allergies and she got red eyes and a runny nose. It cleared up after we were inside for a few hours and now she's fine. She's got Scott's allergies, for sure!

The kids said and did so many funny/cute things this weekend, I tried my best to remember them. I'm going to just do a short list of the ones that I can remember because if I commented on everything, we'd be here till next Tuesday.

Cole - "Hey Mom, guess what's in my pants!?" He says this to me after he got dressed after swimming on Saturday. Then he flashes me and shows me what's in his pants - nice.

Abbey - "You gah boops!" She was sitting on my lap, facing me. She all of a sudden pulled my shirt out, stuck her hand down my neckline and felt around for the "girls". Wonderful.

Cole - I loaded up the dishwasher and saw that I was out of detergent. I asked Cole to run to the pool and grab me one of the dishwasher tablets that are under the sink. I described what it looked like, and total recognition dawned on his face. He ran out and was back in less than 30 seconds. He handed me the little tablet and said, "Finish. The new name for Electrosol!". Note to self, Cole watches too much TV.




1 comment:

Leigh Leigh said...

Where does Cole get his halarious comments? I swear, he says the darndest things!

I love the video of Abbey! So precious!