Thursday, July 24, 2008

We Love Wii


Cole is officially the Wii Wonder. He consistently beats anyone he plays, and he's just about the worst sport about it that he could be. He mocks, he makes fun, he toots his own horn. But it's adorable! And who can argue the fact that he's getting great exercise?? That Wii, is without a doubt, the worlds best invention.

Last night we had our pizza "in" night, and Cole wolfed down a piece and a half of pizza pretty fast, then got a tummy ache. He wanted to wait on his birthday pie (chocolate cream), so I guess it was bothering him quite a bit. About thirty minutes later I asked him if his stomach still hurt and he said, "No. I just had to burp and fart."

Scott went to get the pie out of the fridge later, but only grabbed it with one hand or something, because the pie became a splat on the floor. Scott scooped up the part on top that wasn't touching the floor, and Cole got his birthday pie blob. He ate every bite.

Abbey's favorite thing to do is blow a raspberry in your face, spraying you with about a pint of spit. She does it constantly, so anyone who wants to pick her up and give her a good squeeze does so at their own risk. Mom, Dad - you've been warned. She doesn't seem to understand the word, "No" when it comes out of my mouth - but she certainly understands what it means when she screams it at me while running away. Abbey, let's go get on our PJ's - "NO!" - and she's gone in a flash. Abbey, let's get on your shoes - "NO!". Only she says it more like "Nyeo". And the most precious thing she says now is "Peathe" - translated as please. It's the way she says it, so pitiful it makes you want to cry.

We've got so much coming up, it's almost overwhelming to stop and think about it all! It's Thursday and I still haven't gone shopping for Cole's party. I'm going to have to go tomorrow, because I won't have time to go on Saturday. I can't wait to start decorating for the party. I got so much cute stuff!! I want Scott or Dad to take him someplace for a little while so that we can get it done and it'll be a "surprise". Actually, he'll be so engrossed in his Wii that he probably won't even notice.

Oh - everyone keep their fingers crossed. Scott, Jimmy and Butch have this little land buying company that they have together. They've had a 74 acre piece in Whitesboro for sale for over 2 years now - and I think it's sold!!!!!!!!! For a great profit! I SO NEED THIS MONEY. If it falls through, then I'll know that someone out there didn't have their fingers crossed for me and I'll forever blame you for all of my future financial hardships.

2 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Glad Coley had a great birthday!

I have my fingers and toes crossed and I just braided my hair (not really) so there is no way the land sale won't go through with my sure fire methods.

Anonymous said...

Tell Cole to enjoy his moment in the sun because Nana is going to wax his fanny on Wii when I'm there. And do you really think my precious Abbey will spit in my face when I pick her up??! Not my sweet girl. I'm finishing my packing tonight - got to shop for a little something for Abbey because I can't show up with an armload of stuff for Cole and nothing for our girl. Good luck with the land sale. I hope it closes. XXOO Mom