Thursday, July 31, 2008

Leavin' on a Jet Plane


Just about another hour or so!! Can't wait to go now. I'm really getting excited, it's going to feel good to get away.

Had more rain yesterday afternoon, which was fantastic. We need it so badly. The wind got up to 60 mph in areas, but it never really got that bad at the house. Just buckets of rain!!

Kids were prefecto last night, as usual. Gave them a bath together, which is always interesting. I ended up drenched, the floor was soaking wet, but the kids were clean and both enjoyed running around naked for a few minutes afterward. We got Cole into bed early so that we could finish packing and relax a bit in peace. Scott decided to get on the XBox for a bit and I read in bed. I dozed off around 11:30 and woke up at 1:50 and he was still playing. Oh well, I guess his vacation started early! I couldn't get back to sleep now, so I decided to read and get tired. That worked well - next time I looked at the clock it was after 3:00!! And he was still playing, too!! I brought the time to his attention and we both crashed until 7:15 when the alarm went off. I'm really not tired at all, guess I didn't need that much sleep last night.

Abbey knew we were leaving this morning. She wasn't upset, but she wanted me to pick her up and when I said to give me a kiss bye-bye she smiled and locked her arms and legs around me and hollered NO! So flipping cute. Then Ashley asked her if she wanted a yogurt and she immediately lurched at Ashley. No loyalties, I tell ya. Cole barely said bye, as he was engrossed in the XBox football game he was playing. But he's excited about this weekend and getting to stay with Ashley for three whole days. To him, it's heaven.

Well, Scott took his laptop, so I'll do my best to check in while we're gone.

For those of you who are reading this from work...so long suckers!

1 comment:

Leigh Leigh said...

Not that I haven't been texting with you a million times, but I hope you guys have a fabtabulous time! I am going to miss my Stacey tonight at the Breaking Dawn release party. When you get back, go ahead and decorate a t-shirt, and we'll go out, sporting our Edward gear and have a book club discussion over drinks. Deal??