I was standing at the bar in the kitchen last night while Cole was eating his dinner. I asked him a question and he stopped and looked up at me, and his little baby face was suddenly replaced by a much older looking face. He's not a baby anymore! When did this happen?? I obviously realize that kids age daily, as we all do, but this bothered me last night. No, I'm not getting the baby bug, so everyone calm down. But it honestly seems like I just had him, like I said earlier this week. He's playing video games, he's wanting to get rid of his Cars themed room, he copies everything that Scott does to a T. Right down to walking around the house in just a pair of cargo shorts and a ball cap. (Leigh, I apologize for the Longhorns cap. I didn't buy it - I swear!) What's even more depressing is that Abbey is saying more and more every day and is acting less and less like the baby that she is.
Ok, enough of that.
Mom replied to yesterdays post and told me the answers to Cole's rain questions. Why isn't the rain cold? Because it has so long to fall that by the time it gets to earth, it is room temperature. Ahhh - anyone else catch that? Room temperature rain?
Scott told me the funniest thing that happened to him yesterday. He's like a magnet for drama, I swear. He went to lunch with a buddy of his in Sherman, and of course they had to take the new car out onto the freeway so that Scott could show it off. He was on a long and turning on-ramp that went down to one lane - something he didn't realize until too late and he had to cut the truck off next to him to get over. He figured the guy was mad, but no harm no foul. They finished up their ride, and Scott returned his buddy to his place of work. Guess who pulled in right behind them? You got it! Ticked off truck guy. As you know, nothing really rattles Scott, so he was planning on ignoring the guy and went to the trunk of the car to get something out to leave it with his buddy. The ticked off truck guy started hollering, "Hey! You almost ran me off the road!" Scott made a face at him and replied that he did not almost run him off the road and to just chill out, then turned his back on the guy and went about his business of ignoring him. That went over well with ticked off truck guy, and he started getting upset and began to enlighten Scott about his poor driving skills. Scott listened for about 20 seconds and then stood up and looked at the guy and hollered, "Ok, so I'm an asshole, what are you gonna do about it?" This perplexed ticked off truck guy and he thought about it for a minute, then decided it would be best if he just shut his mouth and drove off.
Never a dull moment.
1 comment:
I am not buying Cole a birthday present now, because he has disgraced our family with that hideous orange hat. You tell him that. Ha!
Post a Comment