Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gangsta Cole

Cole has a new way of greeting Scott when he walks in the door every evening. It goes something like this:

Scott: "Hey Cole-Man, what's up!?"

Cole: "Heeeeey. Wassup play-uh?"

(Sound of a record scratching) What did he just say? Did he just call his Dad, play-uh? Where did he learn THAT? Keep in mind this is the same kid that dissolves into hysterical tears if he scratches himself and a microscopic dot of blood is visible. Keep in mind this is the same kid that ran terrified and screaming from a tube slide at the playground because a ladybug was crawling inside of it. Keep in mind that this is the same kid that threw himself onto the hot and very hard asphalt when what he thought was a bee got too close to him. Now he's a little tough guy, talking smack to his Dad. Ah, it wasn't that many days ago that he was five...

Good evening had by all last night. We got some wonderful rain that was nice and easy and the kids were running around the front yard in it. I got pictures, but as usual the camera ninja that I'm married to can't allow me to keep "his" camera for more than a second at a time and the moment I was done with it he grabbed it away from me and put it back in it's little case. So I now have to wait to post the adorable photos until he gets into the office today. What is it with that stupid camera?? Just marry the stupid thing and get over it. He keeps it in his car during the day and then in the evening it comes inside and rests on the counter next to his wallet, sunglasses and ball cap. Then in the morning it disappears again into the car. Is this his way of saying that he actually thinks that it's more his camera than my camera? Is he afraid that I'll lose the camera? Have I ever lost a camera? Has HE ever lost a camera? Oh wait - YES he has. TWICE!! So how is it that he's better suited to care for the camera? I'm just saying.

3 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Stacey's To Do List:

1. Buy new camera.
2. Purchase label maker. Scratch that, because I know you already own a label maker. Locate said label maker.
3. Print Label "Stacey's Camera" and stick to new camera.
4. Live in harmony with Scott and your personal cameras.
5. Take laptop to the Apple Store for repair. If unrepairable, purchase new laptop. This has nothing to do with cameras, I thought it belonged since I've been bugging you for at least a year.

Note: I didn't realize Scott was such a camera hog. It makes me even more grateful that he let us borrow it for a week when I lost mine (especially since I LOST MINE. He must've been terrified placing it in my hands)

April said...

Cole is so funny! My middle child has gotten into the habit of saying "'Sup, Holmes?" as a greeting. Then the other day he says "Mom, I'm gonna have a snack and play the Wii. Ah-ite?" Fo-shizzle.

mp said...

hmmm....no gangsta talk in our house. yet.

i wish adam was that careful about our camera. then mabye it wouldn't be in the middle of a lake right now and we'd actually have a camera.

as soon as he buys me a new one, i will be putting a label on it and he will not be allowed to borrow it. ever.

so i kinda know how he feels BUT he is the one who lost the last two cameras so what's up with that?