
Mmmmm. Is there anything better than that? I took the kids to Cracker Barrel, or as Cole calls it - Crack in the Barrel - for dinner last night because Cole asked for pancakes for dinner. Which was exactly what we all had. Abbey kept saying, "Mmmm, punkeks!" over and over. She ate an entire punkek and a little dish of applesauce. Cole ate two enormous punkeks and I ate almost all of my blueberry ones. We had a ball. It's funny the looks I always get when I take the kids out alone with me. Which I always do when Scott's gone for the night, by the way. I get so many people slanting sideways glances at me - like they're wondering what my story is. Am I a single mom? Are these even my kids? Why on earth am I out with them alone? Mind your own business, you hillbilly, and keep chowing down on that fried okra. I'm dining with better company than you are.
When we pulled into the parking lot, Cole asked me the same question he asks every time we come here - "Can I get a toy?". Of course I was stil elated from the phone call from that architect guy letting us know that they were awarding us that job, so I fully intended to get him and Abbey something. I told Cole maybe, if he eats good. Without missing a beat Cole replies, "Maybe is Spanish for Yes!!".
Scott is headed back from Austin now. He said that his appointment went really well and it looks like the guy is finally ready to move forward. We're all meeting at Willow Bend mall at 2:30 on his way back up this afternoon. My old laptop is a Mac and its been retarted for a while now. The keyboard quit responding. You have to use a wireless mouse and keyboard - and then it's fine. So we have an appointment at the Mac store at 3:00 to see about getting it fixed. I've already taken it to Geek Squad and they said it wasn't fixable - which is why I'm currently typing from my nice new blue Gateway laptop. I got it for way cheap at Best Buy and I really like it. It's tough getting used to this Vista crap - as I'm a total Mac lover - but the Mac's are just too expensive. All I really need it for is email and pictures when I'm at home. I have no intention of actually working from it, so it's just fine for me. So anyway, that's why we're meeting at the Willow Bend mall - to see if they can fix it. I doubt it, but whatever. Any excuse to go shopping is just fine by me.
Not sure what we'll do with the rest of our long weekend. It's still hot as heck, so we'll probably be in the pool quite a bit. Abbey keeps asking over and over to go see big water inaminute. That last part is one word, inaminute. It's her new favorite and she says it all the time. So cute. I swear, this beach family can't possibly survive inland much longer...
No comments:
Post a Comment