Friday, August 8, 2008

Two Girls Eating Sushi

Ra opened up a new location at Legacy Center, so Leigh and I chose it as our spot for our big Breaking Dawn book discussion. We got there around 7:00 and I could not believe how packed it was. Their patio was crammed, the bar was at least 10 people deep, and the wait for a table was over an hour. So, like the pushy women that we are, we lurked by the sushi bar (which is first come first serve). There was a space open for two, but a woman was sitting there drinking wine and not even eating - just waiting. So the moment she shifted and looked like she MAY stand up, Leigh slid onto her seat and I hurried into the next seat. We totally pushed her out - but come on! Don't sit and drink wine at the sushi bar when you're waiting for a table. Totally rude idiot woman. So, we ordered and ate the best sushi I've had in a while. And we had such a fun and animated book discussion. We both agreed on the book - which is getting mixed reviews. Which we both think is preposterous and ignorant because true fans understand where the author went with the book. We laughed, we talked wildly with our hands, we loudly spoke of vampires and werewolves like they are as common as a trip to the grocery store. Had anyone been listening they would have thought us to be two seriously messed up chicks. And I do think that the skinny lady sitting next to Leigh was listening. Because she kept looking over at us like we were totally strange and like we had a funny odor to us. I didn't point it out because she was so close and I didn't want to embarrass her - which is unusual for me. I usually don't care who I embarrass. Case in point the goober 30-something man who leaned over to practically whisper in my ear and asked if he could "share my seat" with me. I just turned, blinked at him, and said, "No." He sort of stammered that he was just trying to be nice and I replied, "Well, I guess I'm just rude then." Who asks to share your seat?? Creepy man. So we finished our blissful dinner and went over to Starbuck's. Starbuck's? Really? Leigh at a Starbuck's?? I'm shocked. SHOCKED! We should have had a nice follow up conversation, and we tried, but evidently this particular Starbuck's manager didn't really know how to work his air conditioning and it was just too stuffy in there to sit and enjoy. It's hard to sit in a nice outfit and sip a delicious latte and look chic and casual while you are blotting the sweat beads off your top lip with your recycled paper napkin. So, home we went. Leigh and I had a furious email discussion a few days ago about friends and how special they are when they "get" you. She "gets" me and I "get" her. Hopefully, we'll still be having our girls nights out ten years from now. But not eleven - I might get tired of her by then... Kidding!

We got some much needed rain last night and in to this morning. It's wonderful. The temperatures aren't supposed to get over 85. Very nice.

And now - the video that I promised all of you a few days ago. Larry finished the Cole and Anna zoo documentary. It's set to music, so please turn up your sound. It's one of the most precious things I've ever seen in my life and I need to go redo my mascara after watching it.

Follow this link: Zoo Video

2 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

I had fun too!

I still can't get the video to work. Arg!

Love,
Your BFF

mp said...

glad you ladies had fun. sorry about the creep who wanted to share a seat with you. i tend to be a little bitchy to boys when they think they are being funny too, "um hello?, big fat wedding ring glaring in your eyes, what are you thinking?" men are stupid.

i can't get the video to work either, it's loading really slow and i have the patience of a 2 year old. sorry.

i'm excited for the twilight movie to come out and *maybe* just maybe i might be able to come down and meet you!