
So we leave Friday for Destin! The countdown is on! I can't wait. I already started packing. This time next week I'll be listening to the ocean!We had a good weekend! Friday night I was a weekend widow - Scott went out with a buddy to watching something on a TV. Code - he just wanted to get out of the house. No problem! Kids were great and in bed early. Ahhh, got to read uninterrupted for two blissful hours.
Saturday I made the kids pancakes for breakfast - or as Abbey was calling them, pun-keks. She kept saying, Mmmmm pun-kek, with every bite she took. My little eater!!
We decided to head down to Frisco that morning to do some school shopping for Cole. He's not that thrilled about school starting this year. He's afraid that they're going to make him color all the time again. He hates coloring! We decided at the last minute to pass the mail and head to Legacy Center instead and we had lunch at Half Shells, one of our favorite restaurants. Abbey had fish sticks for the first time and loved them. Then we went to this cool store called St. Bernard's and they were having a 50% off sale on all of their summertime stuff. So we all got goodies! Sidebar: Scott had to replace his favorite pair of Reef sandals that psycho dog Scruffy chewed up. I swear that dog is the biggest waste of mass that ever breathed. Evidently Scott kicked off his shoes on the porch the day before to come inside to get a bottle of water, and Scruffy was following behind him. In the time it took him to get his water and pee, Scruffy had ripped apart his sandal. That dog is a total and complete nuisance. If one of our dogs was chewing up and ruining THEIR stuff, oh boy!! But since it's their dog and it's OUR stuff, not a problem. She has chewed up my rug, chewed my lamp cord in half, a pair of brand new Nike's that Cole had, two pairs of my sandals, the eyes off three of Abbey's babies - need I go on??? Ok, rant over. So anyway, we all got stuff and then on to Target to get Cole some jeans for school and some snacks for our fight party. By party I mean one other couple that came over. We are so popular! Had a good rest of the day with the kids, swam and grilled burgers. Off to bed Abbey went and we watched the fights with Jordan and Taylor. We had a really good time and the fights were all really good. Cole watched a few with us - so not appropriate for a 6 year old, but he loves it as you can see by his face above! - and then he went to bed around 9:30.
Sunday I took Cole over to Sherman for more school shopping. He got his first pair of Heely's and a pair of nifty school tennies. He looks so cute and he's wearing a 2 1/2 W!!! A 2 1/2!!! That's almost a size 5 womens shoe. Good lord.
3 comments:
Great news! I just cleared my hectic schedule next week and will be joining you in Destin. I will sleep where you sleep, go where you go, shadow your every move.
I kid, I kid. I'm so excited for you guys! It's nice when family can gather from all over the US and spend an entire week together under the same roof.
Let's do lunch Thursday so I can get my Stacey fix before you leave. K?
Your six year old has bigger feet than my 8 year old! Ha! But my oldest is wearing a mens size 7. He's 10. Do you know the difference between a mens size 7 and a kids size 6? Forty bucks. Forty bucks for maybe a half inch more material. Yeah, that kid needs to get a job.
2.5 is the size both my kids wear and i'm a size 5 and i get to share their shoes! crazy huh? we just bought Tanner the grey new balance tennis shoes and i'm stoked that we get to share!
and i taught matthew how to skate in his heely's. i sometimes borrow his super cool brown flip flops too.
i have such small feet.
have fun, be careful and take lots of pics!!
Post a Comment