Monday, August 25, 2008

Why do vacations have to end?













Yes. I am seriously related to those ridiculously thin bikini models who are affectionately known as my sisters, Nikki and Laurie. Biotches. Ok, treadmill time for Stacey. No excuses any more!!

And to answer April's question - the dress came from Gap.

So, after a thankfully uneventful drive home, I'm back at work with no vacation to look forward to for quite a while. Sniff, sniff. Why? WHY?????

We had just about the best time we could have dreamed of having. Fay never bothered us, we had nothing but sunny and breezy days. The house couldn't have been better. Thanks to Laurie for finding it - it was perfect!! Our schedule consisted of: waking up at 7 AM with the babies (Abbey and Jack), hit the beach around 9, laugh and play in the water until around 11, feed the babies, put the babies down for their nice long naps, back to the beach (the baby monitors reached - score!) to get the drinking started (or continued in SOME people's case...), come in for showers around 4:30, eat dinner and continue drinking until bed time. Get up and repeat pattern all week. We ate out for dinner twice, once at our favorite place called Pampano Joe's and the other at Crab Trap. All great dinners and the restaurants are both ocean front. The tourist season was just about over, and boy could you tell! Hardly no wait anywhere we went, the beaches weren't crowded at all, no traffic to speak of.

One day Scott and I will own a place near that special bit of beach. This is our third year in a row to visit this same area, and I get more and more attached every time. I'm sure there are better places that you can dream of living in, but for me I just love it there. I honestly feel like a piece of me was left behind when we left on Saturday morning. And I'm sure I was upset to leave everyone, because we are hardly NEVER all together at the same time, but it was something more. I like where we live, but I don't feel like we're supposed to live here - you know?? Maybe in a week or so I'll feel different and more normal, but for now I miss the Destin beach and ocean so much and can't believe that we have to wait a year to go back.

The kids were fantastic on the drive there and back. It was like having two little adults in the backseat. No crying, no complaining, no screaming. Abbey will laugh hysterically at just about anything, and Cole can rock out to music for hours on end.

I seriously need to win the lottery. I was meant to vacation, not work. Blah.

4 comments:

mp said...

I have never been to Destin. It looks so pretty! We'll have to visit sometime.

Glad Fay stayed away.

And two adults in the backseat? No way. Nuh uh, don't believe it. How can that be? What's the secret because road trips are HORRIBLE for the little Parker peeps. Benedryl?

Leigh Leigh said...

So, so sorry your vacation had to end. I know how depressing it had to be to drive away from your family and the beach...and back to reality. Ugh! Yuck, yuck, yuck.

At least you had a fun first day back at work - with me!!

And don't forget that we'll be road trippin in 6 months, so you don't have to wait a whole year for another vacation.

Leigh Leigh said...

By the way, I love the last picture of Abbey - she's totally doing the robot. You need to work on her breakdancing skills.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. It's always sad to leave everyone and go home to the same old routine. Some families love being with each other, but then are happy to see them go, too! Not ours. We could party hearty forever! I not only have the most amazing daughters, but I'd put my two sons-in-law up against anyone's. And then there's the grandkids. Perfection - but then that's genetic from their perfect Nana.