
The holiday weekend ended up being pretty darn busy for us. On Saturday I loaded up the kiddos and headed down to meet Scott in the Legacy area on his way home from his appointment in Austin. We shopped around, dropped off the broken laptop at Mac, got Abbey some new tennies and decided we were hungry. We headed over to our favorite little fish place at Legacy Center called Half Shells. We must have had Leigh's parking angel watching over us - I found a parking spot directly in front of the restaurant and Scott found one directly across from me. You have to understand that Legacy Center is an absoute mad house at all times and we usually end up having to valet or else walk seventeen miles. Not tonight! We had a great little dinner and walked around t

he lake. Abbey ran all around hollering, "Biiiiiiiig wawer!". Always with a little regret, we decided it was time to leave our favorite area and head back up to good ole Whitesboro.
We woke up Sunday morning and Scott and I both were restless and wanted to get out of town. I know we just got back from a week long vacation, but you have to understand that we live in a town of 3500 people. Blech. So I got out a little book that Mom gave to me that is all about day trips for families in Texas. We ended up deciding on the Dallas World Aquarium, but Scott suggested that we just go and stay someplace for the night. Ok!! We ended up at another favorite of ours, Southlake Town Square, and booked a nice big room at the Hilton for the night. We shopped around and headed back to the room to get ready for dinner. We had to walk past our very very favorite restaurant EVER, Truluck's. Should we take the kids? It'll be expensive. Will they even have anything for them to eat? Ugh. Probably not. We ended up walking down to Rockfish and were able to snag a table outside. We ate yummy seafood and listened to this great guy play acoustic guitar and sing all during dinner - and of course our two little budding rockstars jammed right along and bobbed their heads with this guy. Cole is the master of air guitar, and Abbey tries to copy, but it really ends up looking like she's trying to tickle herself. All in all, it was a great evening.

We woke up this morning and Abbey announced she wanted her punkeks. So we got dressed and checked out to head to IHOP. Then it was on to the Aquarium. We had so much fun! We took Cole there when he was little, like Abbey's age, and I remember it being mmmmmmmok. But they've made so many improvements, added lots of nifty stuff and it really didn't even look like the same place. The kids were in hog heaven. Abbey saw her beloved biiiiiiiig wawer everwhere she looked and Cole got to see his beloved sharks. We had gotten him a cute little kids book about sharks from Barnes and Noble the day before, and he insisted that he carry his book into the aquarium with him. When we got to the shark tunnel, he flipped out and said, "Mom!

I need my book!!!". So I dug under the stroller and gave it to him. He was flipping thru the pages and comparing the sharks that he saw swimming by to the ones in the book. He saw the hammerhead shark, the saw tooth shark, the reef shark. He was so excited.
On the way home this afternoon, I asked the kids if they had fun. Abbey replied her usual, "Yeah", but Cole said, "I had a GREAT time". Me too, kid.
One thing that happened that has nothing to do with anything other than it's just funny:
Saturday morning, the kids and I stayed in our pj's all morning. Cole's pj's consist of boxer briefs, because that's what dad wears. He was standing in front of Abbey, who poked her finger in his crotch and asked, "Whas dat?". Cole replied in his best big brother voice, "That's my pee pee, Abbey. I play with it a lot."
2 comments:
yay for a mini vacay! glad you guys got to get out and have some fun!!!
Gotta love stay-vacations! DFW has so much to offer, and we tend to forget what's in our own backyard. Glad you guys had a fun weekend!
Post a Comment