
Abbey and I had our first argument this morning. It was over some black bangle bracelets.
She loves to imitate me when I get ready in the mornings. She stands on a bench next to the sink and while I put on makeup she brushes her face with a powder brush. When I brush my hair, she brushes her whisps. When I put on jewelry, she wants to put on jewelry. This morning she chose to put on a stack of black bangle bracelets - which she wore for about 13 seconds and then threw them onto the bathroom floor. I told her no and asked would she please pick up the bracelets and put them away. She shook her head and said, "No. Oh-Oh-Nee". Which translates to, "No, don't want it" or "don't want to". And so it began. Yes, pick up the bracelets. "No! Oh-OH-Nee!!". She got more and more adamant that she was not picking up the bracelets and that I'd better just deal with it.
I'm getting serious now. "Abbey, right now. Pick up the bracelets."
"No!".
And she walked away.
And I picked up the bracelets.
Guess she showed me.
3 comments:
Well, we already know she's going to be a professional diva someday, so are you surprised?
When she's older, she'll be hollering at you in her private dressing room, "Mom, I wanted only GREEN M&Ms! Dump this bowl and start over!"
Not really. Abbey may be diva-ish, but she's also sweet and cuddly and precious.
You have to get more creative when you want her to do something. Like "Oh, lookie here - mama's going to put her pretty bracelets in her special drawer that you can't touch. You can have this rubberband that I'll leave on the floor." Amateur.
ha ha, this is funny. morgan's favorite sentance is "no, I don't want to." to which I say "oh really? well guess what? I didn't ask you if you wanted to or not, pick it up!" and if she still doesn't, I've physically started getting her arms, bending her down, and make her pick them up and put them away. she cries the whole time but it works. and don't worry, i don't hurt her in the process :)
Post a Comment