Woo Hoo! Isn't it amazing what a little sleep will do for a girls outlook on life? I feel great, it's a beautiful day, Cole has a game tomorrow and we've got an exciting hurricane headed for us tomorrow night. Bring it, baby.
I'm having sushi for lunch, I'm having sushi for lunch. What are you having? Not sushi, I bet. Jealous much? I'm meeting my Leigh-Leigh for our weekly lunch date at Ra today and I can't wait. I've been fantisizing about this lunch since Monday and I'm planning on hogging out. Not in a gross way, in a pretty way. I even took my time dressing today since I can't be seen down at Legacy in cargo shorts and a stained t shirt, can I?
Anywho, had a nice evening last night - even through my sleep-deprived haze. Abbey played out in the sandbox and we sat on the porch and watched her - I with my People magazine with Sarah Pallin on the cover and Scott with his laptop in his lap. Until the mosquitos got too bad and I gave up and went inside. Scott was all ticked off at me because I made him retrieve Abbey out of the sandbox and he had to look like the bad guy. So pitiful, her holding his hand and walking to the house with her mouth wide open, screaming and crying. All it really took was her hearing her favorite word, BATH, and she quit. My little water baby.
Cole wore his jersey to school today since he's got his game tomorrow. I swear, he's convinced he's a pro ball player when he wears it. It's just too cute. His coach is going to play him as a defensive end tomorrow because he's "big and not afraid of anything". That's what he said. Cole - not afraid??? Remember the ladybug on the slide incident? The multiple meltdowns over a miniscule dot of blood? Maybe this football thing isn't going to be as scawy as I thought it was going to be. So far so good. However, I just may turn into a Hockey Mom (pitbull with lipstick), if ANYONE knocks my baby down. So, this coming season should be interesting.
3 comments:
aw i want to go on a lunch date! no fair!
yay for sleep. what did you do to make you snooze? pills, drinks, tv? i read vampire books every night to help me sleep :)
can't wait to hear about cole's game!
I beat you to it. I had sushi yesterday. But all by myself since I have no friends here. [sniff] I'm hoping to get out in October for one of Cole's games. And God help the kid who knocks him down. Nana has no problems taking a 6 year old out.
You slept, you slept! Amen! Praise God! Woo-hoo!
Lunch was delicious - seriously. I think I might marry that lobster roll.
And Karen - when you come to visit we'll go out for sushi!
Post a Comment