Yesterday afternoon Abbey found out how fun it is to run around in the rain. She was totally drenched, water dripping off her little chin and running around hollering, "It's waining!" Honestly if I had more energy, I'd have been out there running around hollering, "It's waining!" right along with her.
Cole enlightened us on a new word he learned. I assume it's from being exposed to so many boys at football. Scott and Cole were wrestling and as usual, Scott trips Cole and sends him to his back. Scott made like he was going to punch him and Cole covered himself up and hollered, "Don't hit me in my nuts!" Scott started laughing like the eternal 12 year old that he is. "Hah, hah, hah, he said nuts!!" Where on earth did Cole hear that???? Even Scott doesn't say THAT. He's not supposed to know he even has nuts yet. I guess here's where it all begins. As we all know, the world revolves around their nuts and what's attached.
Things are starting to look a little brighter, despite my sleepy induced bad mood. Tomorrow is Friday. And then Saturday is Cole's first home game. And then we have Ashley Saturday night. Ahh, date night. Haven't had one of them in a while. We were actually trying to remember what was the last movie we saw in the theater, and neither of us can remember. Which is pretty sad. So we're going to the Blue Door Cafe (delish!) and a movie. I want to see that new Brad Pitt/George Clooney movie. It looks really funny and I love the two of them together (Oceans 11, 12, 13...).
I was such a crabby patty last night. I feel bad about it today. It was one of those nights that I couldn't help thinking, isn't it 8:30 yet? That's bedtime for the kiddos. So I'd sneak a look at the clock - 5:14?? That's IT?? Three more hours??? Isn't that terrible? I work all day, don't see the kids till night and here I am counting the minutes till they go to bed. And really, our kids are about as self sufficient as you can get. So it isn't like I've got these needy, whiny kids pulling on my shirt every five seconds to get my attention. Well, I do have one large child who does that. But I digress, I feel terrible about it. And I already know that tonight won't be any better. Ok, enough whining. It's only been a few days of no sleep. Many people have had much worse. So forgive this blog and it's jumpy subject matter.
3 comments:
aww now i know where abby gets her grumpy face from! that pic is super cute by the way.
how making some margaritas tonight to help you sleep. that always helps me :)
I hope you get some sleep tonight. And Girl, we all have nights/days/moments like that with our kids. It's not terrible, it's normal. Try MP's margarita idea, or a glass of wine! Oooh, come to think of it, I will too.
Go to bed at your usual time and just think to yourself "I know I'm not going to sleep, but I'll just close my eyes and at least rest." That way you aren't hyperventilating about no sleep and if all you're trying to do is rest, hopefully you'll fall asleep and not stress over it. And margaritas just give me a headache. Try a glass of wine, but not two! Then you'll have to get up and pee and you'll be right back where you started.
Post a Comment