Monday, September 15, 2008

Mom and Cole do the zoo - again


We have fall weather! It's crisp, it's cool. Cole wore a sweatshirt to school this morning over his t shirt. Visions of pumpkins and scarecrows are dancing through my head.

Scott and I had our date on Saturday night. Ashley came over and the kids were thrilled to see her. She sat down on the couch and Cole was showing her his favorite video game of the moment when Abbey sat on the couch and says, "Hey guyths. What's your name?" Ashley was totally stunned. She said, "That's like a whole sentence!" I was too! I'd never heard her ask anyone what their name was. So cute.

Because it was so rainy and windy, I decided to change out of my cute black date night dress and put on jeans. Oh well, A for effort. We ate a yummy and quiet dinner at Blue Door Cafe (sooo good) and then saw Burn After Reading. I loved loved LOVED that movie. Very surprising turn of events mid-movie that I hadn't heard about - but it was great. Brad Pitt was a perfect idiotic self-centered gym rat and John Malcovich was brilliant. It was great, so I urge you, I implore you to go see it. Now.

Sunday came and it was so nice outside! We did "Crack in the Barrel" for breakfast and it was delish. Then we came home and the kids played out in the yard while I read on the back porch and Scott tinkered around. On a side note - that Into the Wild book is fantastic. After Abbey went down for her nap, Cole said that he wanted to go back to the zoo since we got rained out the day before. So, off the the zoo we went - again. At least it's only 15 minutes away. It's really a darling little zoo - only has about a dozen habitats to see and takes about an hour to walk through. The grounds are immaculate and it's really the prettiest zoo I've ever been to. It's located in a beautiful park with a cute little train that you can ride all the way around the perimeter of the zoo and the park. And of course we rode the train after we walked the zoo - see above picture. It was really a great afternoon - just Cole and I. After a stop at the grocery store we headed home. Abbey was awake by the time we got home and ran out in the yard to greet us when we drove up.

It's Monday, folks. Try to contain your excitement. I know that I am...

2 comments:

Leigh Leigh said...

Glad you had a good weekend!

Love that picture of Cole!

I can't believe Abbey spoke a full, grown up sentence. That is insane!

mp said...

cute pic! i love the zoo and used to dream about being a zoo worker when I was a kid. turns out i am a zoo worker! ha ha.